I got a question from one of my friends,he’s creating an Outlook Add-In and he wants to open a specific website inside outlook.
To do so,simply create a new project Outlook 2007 Add-In,and paste below couple of lines of code,this will open a url inside your outlook.
C# Code :
Office.CommandBarComboBox webControl1 =
(Office.CommandBarComboBox)this.Application.ActiveExplorer().CommandBars.FindControl(26, 1740, missing, missing);webControl1.Text = “http://moustafa-arafa.blogspot.com”;
This code will be used on your Button Click event or any other event handler as per your requirements.
Hope this Tip helps.
Today SharePoint product team has released Podcasting Kit for SharePoint 2007 (PKS),Now you can upload and show your podcast on your sharepoint sites.
the kit is also available with rating features and support Silverlight controls.
download on CodePlex :
Screen shot for Podcasting Site :
Microsoft released new HOL for WSS 3.0 Development,it contains 10 Labs on different important topics on WSS 3.0 development C# & VB.Net :
- No SharePoint Development Experience is required,Only .Net Development Experience.
The HOLs included are:
1. Web Parts
2. Data Lists
3. Event Handlers
6. Page Navigation
7. Page Branding
8. Web Services
9. Content Types
10. User Authentication
Start your practice now, Download link :
Microsoft has launched a campaign to .Net Developers to move to SharePoint Development
To help drive productivity and knowledge of SharePoint by Software Developers :http://MSSharePointDeveloper.com.
The new material is designed to help .NET Developers to learn the top ten artifacts in SharePoint that are interesting to them.
MS created a variety of materials with different learning styles to make getting started with these artifacts easy and it’s all based on the Visual Studio extensions for SharePoint.
The Top Ten SharePoint Artifacts of interest to .NET Developers being promoted
· Web Parts
· Data Lists
· Event Handlers
· Silverlight Web Parts
· Page Navigation
· Page Branding
· Web Services
· Content Types
· User Management
At the site (which is hosted on microsoft.com) we have:
· An Introductory Whitepaper
· Benefits of SharePoint for Developers
· A Small Public VPC
· Hosted MSDN Virtual Labs in C# and VB.NET
· Video Interview with SharePoint MVPs
· Web Casts with SharePoint MVPs (incredible 1705 live attendees in just the first four WebCasts)
· Presentation Download
· Hands on Labs Download
· Additional Resource Links
The site encourages developers who use the content to also take a next step and go on Instructor Led Training, Get Certified, and Download an evaluation copy of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
Happy times with MOSS 2007
I have found a solution for a “Hassle” problem of NDR (Non Delivery Report) on Exchange 2007 for migrated users from legacy Exchange 2003, The problem raised after migrating to new exchange 2007,if you tried to reply to any old emails, the exchange couldn’t recognize cached old contact information, see the attached email.
Kindly read the below KB show/explain the problem deeply, so that and I’m creating a .Net tool to do Bulk update by adding X500 custom attribute to all migrated users and copy it from LegacyExchangeDN in the source AD to ProxyAddresses Attribute to the remote AD.
I have tried it on 19,000 User accounts in our AD and it works perfect J.
Problem as follows:
I’m facing a problem after I have migrated my mail box from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007,the problem is as follows:
1) Before I got my new email box on Exchange 2003,I have archived all my email to a .pst file.
2) I have restored my .pst archived emails file with my new account on exchange 2007.
3) The problem is when I try to open any of my old emails in the archived email,and try to open the contact profile by double clicking on the email address,I couldn’t get the full details of this account although this account already created in the new domain/Exchange 2007,below screen show shows the problem :
Thanks for C#, Directory Services & LDAP….
This is just for sharing the knowledge with Infrastructure Geeks .