One of the most imoportant features in sharepoint 2007 is the enterprise search. Enabling search for extenral sites are extermely needed in any organization specially if the organization has other sites hosted on other platforms other than sharepoint sites.
To implement this, First make sure that crawling services configuration are set properly on your sharepoint “SharedServices” assigned to your site that you are working on.
From Central Administration:
– Select SharedServices.
– Select crawl rules.
– click on new crawl rule.
– set the url of your site, select include all items in this path.
Then click ok, wait till the next crawl service will run or run it manually, then you will get search results.
Hope this helps.
If you tried to develop a simple WCF function, and you tried to write in your WCF 2 overloading functions in WCF, you will not be able to deploy your serivce and the clients will get an exceptions.
The solution: give Aliases to the overloaded functions in the WCF service.
public interface IMyWCFSvc
string GetCustomerInfo( int CustId);
string GetCustomerInfo( string CustomerEmail);
The proxy when you reference to your serivce, will create 2 methods with the Alias names and not with the actual overloaded name in C# code.
Hope this helps.
If you try to change the identity for the applicaiton pool that the sharepoint site is running under, You can do this from the iis manager open identity tab and change the account for the application pool.
After you change this, you will get “Service Unavailable” error message when you try to open your sharepoint site, to fix this:
1) Make sure that you type the password for the service account which the application pool will run under correctly.
2) Make sure that the Service account is part of the following groups: IIS_WPG and STS_WPG .
3) Reset your IIS…….MOST IMPORTANT STEP.
then, you can navigate to your website.
Hope this tip helps.
Asp.Net MVC 2.0 has been shipped, some features have been improved and other new ones, From the first reading for the new things and the improved features, here is the features that i like:
1) You can write Lambda Expression in the View…….Very Cool feature in your code will be like this ; c is a customer model
2) Areas: MVC 2.0 project support new concept which is Areas, you can divide your solution as Areas. Suppose you are building MVC 2.0 website, and this website contains Home,Forums and Support. each module in this website will be an area in your project with all related files.
3) Strong typed in the view : in the view you can use the intellisense to explore the model fields……….very important and most annoying thing while developing projects in MVC 1.0.
Read more about the product version:
Hope my comments help.