I had one of my SharePoint Configuration database for one of my sharepoint sites reached 122 GB since i had a problem on having any operation from the FE server to the DB server.
My installation for the DB server is SQL 2008, the problem is the transaction log is too large and to minimize or shirnk the size, here is the steps:
1) Take a full backup from your database – Important.
2) Change the DB recovery model to Simple ( Right click on the SharePoint_Config and click on properties -> Options – > Recovery model : change it to simple.
3) Open a new query in the management studio and write this shrink command:
4) Check the HD free space, your free space on the HD has been updated.
5) Don’t forget to return back the recovery model to full for any future backups.
Check the transaction log file (ldf file of the sharepoint_config) it has been shrinked to the minimum size.
In my case the transaction log has been shrinked from 122GB to 2MB.
Hope this helps.
ajax:ScriptManager ID=”ScriptManager1″ runat=”server” EnablePageMethods=”true”
adding this attribute EnablePageMethods causes the whole site stop working and you will get this yellow error page with the following error:
Directory ‘C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\_catalogs\masterpage’ does not exist. Failed to start monitoring file changes.
The fix for this problem, is a bug and a known issue, just install this hotfix KB957661 on your sharepoint front server.
Hotfix download link :
Hope this helps 🙂
This is just a quick update to tell you I will be posting the speaker/session schedule for Live Online SharePoint Saturday EMEA on January 23rd later this week. We are going to have at least two channels running at once, possibly three.
We’ve got over 350 people registered, 6 Microsoft MVPs speaking, and 21 presentations! I would appreciate it if you would share/forward this post to three colleagues telling them about this free, live online event.
I’d love to see the registrations go over 1000.
Event Home: http://www.sharepointsaturday.org/emea/default.aspx
List of Speakers: http://www.sharepointsaturday.org/emea/Pages/speakers.aspx
List of Sessions: http://www.sharepointsaturday.org/emea/Pages/meetings.aspx
This looks like it’s going to turn out to be one of the largest live online events we’ve ever seen for SharePoint.
Thank you for your participation in spreading the word.
In This post i will mention some of my thoughts and findings in the MS Surface, It is amazing experience, this is the first post of its series, i will keep posting my posts about MS Surface.
Let me know asnwer the most FAQ for most IT guys:
1) What is MS Surface : Multi-touch table
Read more : http://www.microsoft.com/surface/
2) Which Development Tools can i use to develop my applications ? VS 2008 , Suface SDK 1.0 SP1
3) Do i need to have MS Surface to develop my applications ? You can develop on your development as workstation using Surface Simulator that will be installed if you installed Surface SDK.
4) What kind of application we can develop for MS Surface ? Surface application is basically WPF ( Windows Presentation Foundation) .Net applications.
I hope this helps, let me know what do you think about this ?