Global IT Community Association
Representing over 900 member organizations and over 5 million IT professionals, GITCA is the world’s largest international not-for-profit independent organization powered by dedicated volunteers devoted to the development and growth of the IT community by providing services to support leaders and connect user groups, associations, and student IT organizations. GITCA stands committed to the free exchange of resources, ultimately elevating the status of the IT Professional both in their industry and in the community.
- Elevating the Status of the IT Professional
- Providing recognition for service and volunteerism
- Making connections and exchanging resources and user group best practices
- Catalyst for your skills and career growth
- Bringing the volunteer IT Community together
- Providing essential no charge services to leaders of IT associations, user groups and student groups
GITCA is governed by dedicated volunteers from the IT Pro community. The principal governing body is the 11 member (10 voting + 1 non-voting) Global Board [GB] supported by Regional Boards [RB’s] representing the 4 main geographic regions North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa and Asia Pacific. Each of the Chairs of the RB’s sits on the GB.
Working with GITCA, INETA and PASS, Microsoft has developed the User Group Support Services (UGSS) portal through which member groups can obtain a variety of services including applying for event funding, which is administered by Microsoft.