VS/TFS 2010 SP1 has just been released! SP1 rolls up most of the post RTM hotfixes and updates but it does not include Feature Packs and some other updates.
Here’s a list of the current stack of tools and patches that should be applied to a new Visual Studio/TFS 2010 environment:
- Visual Studio 2010 Service Pack 1
- TFS 2010 Service Pack 1
- Expression Encoder
- Visual Studio Feature Pack 2. This feature pack contains new tooling around testing and also includes the Architecture and Modeling Feature Pack. Currently only available from MSDN downloads.
- Project Server Integration Feature Pack. Also only available from MSDN downloads.
- TFS Power Tools, March 2011 release
- Team Foundation Build Extensions
- TFS 2010 MSSCCI Provider
- Visual Studio 2010 Productivity Tools
- Visual Studio Code Metrics Power Tools
- Team Explorer Everywhere SP1. Again only available from MSDN downloads.
If you’re looking for a comprehensive list of what’s in SP1 look at Brian’s Visual Studio SP1 announcement post.