This week there’s been lots of celebration for the Visual Studio ALM Rangers! Today the project site for the Lab Management Guide went live, which is really exciting. Now there’s finally a comprehensive document available that describes the many details of using the TFS Lab Management tools. Having worked with the project and the product for a good while I’m really happy to see this guidance come out.
So head over to the Rangers Lab Management Guide at Codeplex and take a look!
The v1 release contains the following:
The content is packaged in 3 separate zip files to give you the choice of selective downloads. The default download is the first of the listed packages:
Guidance, which includes scenario based practical guidance and frequently asked questions.
Hands-on Labs (HOL), which includes the HOL documents that provide walkthroughs of the technology, based on the guidance
HOL Package, which includes a HOL environment setup package which allows you to setup the HOL environment in your own environment
The Epics included in the guidance are:
- Epic – Visualisation of the guidance using quick reference posters
- Epic – Advanced golden image management using the VM Factory for Lab Management
- Epic – Provide guidance on setting up Test environments with respect to pre-defined personas
- Epic – Provide Guidance to enable large and small teams to setup and configure both automated and manual tests
- Epic – Provide practical guidance for managing and maintaining a Lab Management environment
- Epic – Provide practical guidance to enable teams to quickly setup and configure their lab management environment