Enrique Duvos, Platform Evangelist, Adobe System
As Group Manager of Flash Platform Evangelism in EMEA, my role is to manage the Adobe elite team of technical evangelists as they drive adoption and build thriving communities.
Our role as Platform Evangelists is to help customers, partners and developers across Europe understand and adopt the benefits and characteristics of the Adobe Flash Platform core technologies, such asAdobe® Flash, AIR, Flex, Flash Catalyst, BlazeDS and Flash Media Server.
Bases on the Best and Worst Practices for building RIA By James Ward (Adobe Systems) and Josh Holmes (MSFT UX Evangelist), presented in the Web 2.0 2009 Expo.
- Forms follow function (MVC vs MVP)
- Concentrate on the function first and the model after
- We offer three kinds of service: Good – Cheap – Fast – Pick any two
- Good service Cheap won’t be Fast
- Good service Fast won’t be Cheap
- Fast service Cheap won’t be Good
- Not a RIA application … don’t use RIA Technology
- Remember the environment … Users Refresh
- HTML CAN NOT DO THAT
- Do you really have that much bandwidth?
- Have you heard the word “Framework”?
- The wild developer (No Source Controls, TDD, CI)
- Too many containers
- Complex rendering
- Fanatic vs Pragmatic?
Flash Player 10.1
- Smartphone enabled
- Multitouch, accelerometer, screen orientation
- Optimized memory, power, hardware acceleration
- Http video streaming
Adobe Air 2.0
- Contextual Apps and Desktop Integration
- More peripheral support
- More flexible networking
- improved native OS
- Mass Storage Device
- Improved Socket Support
- Invoke Native Applications
- Updated Webkit Engine