DevTeach is coming to Ottawa November 2-4 2011.
DevTeach has had some of the best speakers in the industry and some of the best sessions/tracks that I’ve ever attended.
This year is no exception, the speaker line-up is full of experts and MVPs like David Starr, Mitch Garvis, James Kovacs, Laurent Duveau, Mario Cardinal, Guy Barrette, Paul Neilson, Rob Windsor, Benjamin Day, Erik Renaud, Joel Semeniuk, etc. and locals like Garth Jones, Wes MacDonald, Joel Hebert, Colin Smith, Colin Melia, Brad Bird, Rick Claus, etc.
Tracks include Agile, Web Dev, Rich Client, SQL Server Dev, SQL Server BI, and for the first time at DevTeach, an IT Pro track.
If you think you might have trouble convincing your boss you need to go, have a look at http://www.devteach.com/WhoShouldAttend.aspx.
To register: http://www.devteach.com/Register.aspx
Do you like to share your IT knowledge with others? Do you know a tip, trick or a feature that can save time for others and you would like to share it?
Well, Ottawa Speaker Idol is your solution and there is still time to submit your session proposal. The deadline is Wednesday Oct. 26th.
The Ottawa IT Community is organizing a contest where you can win a free registration to DevTeach Nov. 3-4 (value of $649). On November 2nd, at the venue for DevTeach Ottawa (Ottawa Conference Center), you will be invited to present your tip, trick or a feature for 10 minutes. After all presentations have completed, the attendees will vote for the winners. Prizes will be distributed to the best presenters. This is a free event and everyone is welcome to attend.
Date: Wednesday November 2nd , at 18:30
Location: Ottawa Conference Center (room 103)
55 Colonel By Drive
Ottawa , ON, K1N 9J2 Canada
- You must not be a regular speaker in the IT Community. This contest is to encourage new speakers.
- It must be the first time you participate to the Ottawa IT Speaker Idol
- No need to be register to DevTeach to participate in the contest.
- You must submit the description of your presentation (no more than 200 words) by October 26th to jrroy@DevTeach.com
- We will accept 10 presenters
- If more than 10 submissions, a committee will select 10 presentations
- The list of presentations will be announced on October 31st
- A laptop will be available for your presentation or you can use your own laptop
- You will need to bring your PowerPoint and code on a USB key. All presentations will be posted on our web site after the contest.
First place: Registration to the main conference DevTeach Nov. 3-4 (value of $649) from DevTeach Inc.
Second place: Win 7 Phone (Value of $549) from LIKE 10 Inc.
Third place: TBA from Microsoft