Live Search on Windows 7 & IE 8
In this post http://richardsiddaway.spaces.live.com/default.aspx?_c01_BlogPart=blogentry&_c=BlogPart&handle=cns!43CFA46A74CF3E96!2349 I was complaining that Live Search had stopped working on my Windows 7 build. I had a Vista machine that I had upgraded and post the upgrade Live Search wouldn’t work. I’d also noticed that Live Search had stopped working on a Vista machine that had been upgraded to IE8.
I finally got round to trying to sort out the problem. Going for the easy option first I went into Control Panel – Programs & Features, selected Windows Live Essentials and clicked uninstall\change and then picked the Repair option.
One thing I noticed was that during the repair process the tool bar was fixed as was the Search Enhancement pack. Also there is a lot of stuff associated with the Live applications.
One reboot later and Live Search is working properly for me on Windows 7 & IE 8. Next stop the Vista machine. One suggestion is that the upgrade program needs to pick up on the Live Search issue. I will probably do a complete rebuild when Windows 7 goes to RTM. Might avoid some of these issues