PAM 0.5–additional info
The reliability and stability metrics are enable by default on Windows 7. On Windows 2008 R2 need to enable them via GPO. Look for Configure Reliability WMI Providers (and enable) in Computer Configuration – Policies – Administrative Templates – Windows Components – Windows Reliability Analysis.
If you don’t do this you will get a Provider Load Failure error.
You may still get the error in which case follow this procedure (thanks to Ed Wilson – Microsoft Scripting Guy)
- On the server, go to the Task Scheduler
- Expand the folder to Library > Microsoft > Windows > RAC
- Right click the RAC Task and go to properties
- Go to the Triggers tab
- Go to the 'One time' trigger and click on Edit
- All the way at the bottom (left), the 'Enabled' checkbox was unchecked.
- Place a checkmark there
- Click OK all the way out.
- Run the task
- After a couple of minutes should be able to run any of the win32_reliability* classes
- locally on the server and remotely from a Windows 7 box
Next job is to see if I can script a check on the task and perform the fix