Kindle for PC fix?
I appear to have fixed my problem. In the hope that this may help others in similar position this is what I did:
- uninstall Kindle for PC
- clean out all folders and content including the My Kindle Content folder. Make sure the C:\Users\Richard\username\Local\Amazon folder is deleted as well as C:\Program Files\Amazon
- clean out all registry keys related to Amazon/Kindle - I did a registry search on Amazon
- Shut down the machine. A restart does not seem to do the job - it needs to be a cold start
- Download the Kindle for PC application. Do not try and run it from the website
- Right click the application, select properties and Unblock.
- Right click application and select Troubleshoot compatibility
- select Try recommended settings
- click start program
- The install should work and allow you to register the installation
- Right click the icon you use to start Kindle and set compatibility to windows XP SP 2
- delete the content of the My Kindle content folder
It should now work. Once your content ahas re-synchronised you can remove the compatibility setting
I also found that downloading the installer and performing an install over the top of v1.5 seems to work OK.
Good luck. This is not a well behaved application and there is no excuse for having to go through these hoops especially as Amazon claim the application is compatible with Windows 7