|Title: Clinic 7045: What’s New in Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2008|
|Course Type: Self-paced Course|
|Available Offline: Yes|
|Estimated Time of Completion: 2 Hours|
In this clinic, you will learn about the new and enhanced features included in SQL Server 2008. You will explore the new data types and the data management features. Additionally, you will learn about the enhanced Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services included in SQL Server 2008. This online clinic is composed of a rich multimedia experience.
To get the most out of this clinic, it is recommended that you have:
- Knowledge of general SQL database concepts that are largely independent of a specific version of SQL Server.
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server 2005 features.
- Knowledge of deploying and upgrading database solutions.
- Knowledge of how to solve performance issues related to SQL Server hardware.
- Performed the job role of a SQL Server 2005 database administrator or database developer.
- Product or technology experience in Microsoft SQL Server 2000 or SQL Server 2005.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Describe the features of SQL Server 2008 and their benefits.
- Describe the features of enterprise data platform that help you to secure data in applications.
- Describe the dynamic development features that facilitate the development of database applications.
- Describe the features of SQL Server 2008 that provide data storage solutions beyond relational databases.
- Describe the enhanced features in SSIS that help you to integrate data effectively.
- Describe the enhanced features in SSAS that help you to improve the BI infrastructure.
- Describe the enhanced features in SSRS that help you to improve the scalability of the reporting engine.