So you may have noticed that unlike SharePoint Portal 2003 MOSS 2007 does not just give all server administrators full control of everything. While most of this think it is a good thing I have already been asked several times “How do I make it so all of the administrators are SharePoint admins also?”
Well far be it from me to try and talk you out of it (unless you are my client) so I will just give you the quick answer.
To grant a user or group administrator access to a given web application do as follows.
- Go to SharePoint Central Administration.
- Click on the Application Management tab.
- Under Application Security click on Policy for Web Application
- Click Add Users
- Confirm your settings on the screen (defaults should be what you want) and click Next
- Now enter your user or group of users
- Click the box beside Full Control – Has full control.
- Click Finish
Now all of your specified users have full control over the entire web application as they did in SPS 2003.
Shane – SharePoint Help