This is from an email I received this week from Mark Clagett over at Microsoft. Running into an issue today where I sent it to an end user so figured I would post it here as well. Thanks Mark for sending out the notice! – Steve ________________________________________________________________________________________________________ I thought you’d be interested in this new Solution Accelerator from Microsoft – it’s called the Malware Removal Starter Kit. It’s a free download from TechNet, and provides you with excellent guidance and tools to help you restore PCs infected with malware. Here’s a quick overview of what the kit can do for your organization. Suggest you take a look!
PCs Infected with Malware? Every day, adversaries attempt to invade your networks and infect your systems with viruses, spyware, and other malware. In other cases, employees can open the door to malware by visiting infected Web sites, opening the wrong e-mail attachments, or running macros that contain viruses.As an IT professional focused on security, you know the risks first hand. You’ve installed antivirus software and you keep your protection updated. Sometimes, though, attacks are successful, and computers get infected. And once they are inside the organization, malware outbreaks can spread with alarming speed, compromising or destroying mission-critical data or personal information. Restore Infected PCs with the Malware Removal Starter Kit!When you discover PCs that have been infected with malware and your current antivirus tools can’t solve the problem, where do you turn next? Is there a way to restore infected PCs without completely rebuilding them from scratch? The Malware Removal Starter Kit, the newest Solution Accelerator from Microsoft, provides free, tested guidance to help you combat malware attacks and restore infected systems—so users can safely get back to work. The kit shows you how to use the Windows Preinstallation Environment (Windows PE) to discover malware by performing a thorough offline scan of your computers, uncovering malware that may be hiding in the operating system. And once malware is located and identified, it can be quickly removed from infected PCs with a number of free anti-malware tools, like the Malicious Software Removal Tool from Microsoft.The Malware Removal Starter Kit answers questions like:
· What are the keys to a reliable, effective response plan to remedy malware outbreaks?
· How do I build a bootable CD that lets me perform offline virus scans?
· How can I discover and remove viruses and other malware hiding in the operating system?
· How does the Malware Removal Starter Kit augment Microsoft’s anti-malware strategy? Key Benefits
The Malware Removal Starter Kit is:
· Effective: Helps you to uncover malware that’s difficult to expose.
· Flexible: Lets you use best approach for the specific problem you’re facing.
· Reliable: Provides guidance thoroughly tested by Microsoft security experts.
· Simple: Offers a solution that is easy to configure and use.· Free: The Malware Removal Starter Kit is a free download from TechNet. Download the free Malware Removal Starter Kit
Accessing the kit is easy, and it’s free! Click here to learn more or to download the kit.