Great post to check out if you are having network issues with your SBS 2008 network!
We have seen an increase of instances where customers are experiencing various networking problems because they have altered the networking topology by installing multiple NICS or assigning multiple IPs to their single NIC. Some of the more common issues we have seen with this scenario include, but are not limited to:
· Slow or complete loss of file share/network login access
· Problems with Outlook connectivity (mailbox login, Autodiscover, OAB, Free/Busy, OOF assistant, Outlook Anywhere)
· Issues accessing web sites (OWA, RWW, Sharepoint, Connect)
· Issues with service startup, particularly Exchange.
· The server hangs at “Applying Computer Settings” upon boot.
· Inability to complete the SBS networking wizards (IAMW and CTIW)