LA C# and SoCal .NET – Providing the best Practices, Presenters, and Prizes!
Happy New Year LA C# and SoCal .NET Developer Community!
LA C# Note :: The Manhattan Beach Library is being rebuilt and will be unavailable for LAC# meetings between July 2012 and December 2013. If anyone knows of an alternative location in the same general vacinity (perhaps along the 405 Freeway somewhere) that LAC# can use for 18 months, please reply back to this e-mail so we can connect up to discuss. Thanks!
Upcoming Schedule of Events
Please help us with our pizza order by RSVPing/enrolling (links in event-lines below).
1. Tues Jan 3 :: Jon Flanders @ LA C# :: Windows Phone 7:: Building Native Mobile Apps using HTML5 and jQuery :: RSVP <http://www.lacsharp.org/Home/tabid/98/ctl/Details/Mid/523/ItemID/7454/Default.aspx>
2. Wed Jan 4 :: <http://www.socaldotnet.org/Home/tabid/80/ctl/Details/Mid/524/ItemID/6780/Default.aspx> Jon Flanders @ LA C# :: Windows Phone 7:: Building Native Mobile Apps using HTML5 and jQuery :: RSVP <http://www.socaldotnet.org/Home/tabid/80/ctl/Details/Mid/524/ItemID/7455/Default.aspx>
3. Jan 28/29 :: SoCal Code Camp @ CS Fullerton <http://www.socalcodecamp.com/> – Call for Speakers, Sponsors, Volunteers, & RSVPs
Jan. LAC#/SCDN Meeting Details:
Jon Flanders :: Building Native Mobile Apps with HTML5 and jQuery
Synopsis – HTML5 and JQuery are the cool new kids on the block for building Web Applications. People generally prefer native mobile apps over bookmarks in mobile browsers. Why not do both?
In this session youâ€™ll see how you can use a native mobile shell on the popular mobile platforms (iOS, Andriod, and Windows Phone 7) to host an HTML5 application and how to interact with native APIs, handle offline mode, and deal with devices with different resolutions.
Bio – Jon is a member of the technical staff at MCW, where he focuses on connected systems technologies. Jon is most at home spelunking, trying to figure out how things work from the inside out. Jon is the author of RESTful.NET from O’Reilly,as well as Essential ASP for Addison-Wesley, and was a co-author of Mastering Visual Studio.NET for O’Reilly. Jon’s current major interest is helping people to understand the advantages of REST and how REST connects to products like SharePoint 2010. You can read his blog at http://www.rest-ful.net/
RSVP + More Details at www.lacsharp.org <http://www.lacsharp.org/Home/tabid/98/ctl/Details/Mid/523/ItemID/7454/Default.aspx>
RSVP + More Details at www.socaldotnet.org <http://www.socaldotnet.org/Home/tabid/80/ctl/Details/Mid/524/ItemID/7455/Default.aspx>
Main Raffle Prizes
* SharpShoter Collection <http://www.perpetuumsoft.com/Net-ModelKit-Suite.aspx> $1,800
* Infragistics .NET Advantage <http://www.infragistics.com/> – $1,195
* Typemock Isolator <http://site.typemock.com/> – $799
* Devexpress CodeRush + Refactor Pro <http://www.devexpress.com/> – $249
* CodeSmith Tools <http://www.codesmithtools.com/> – $199
* JetBrains Resharper <http://www.jetbrains.com/resharper/> – $199
Windows always assign a COM port no (like COM2, COM3 etc) every time you connect a USB device like modem, mobile phone or specially serial to USB convertors to system, and this no goes on increasing as every time you connect device windows reserve that port and next time it assign new number.
I recently face some issue because of this, I want to test my new thing magic m5e RFID Reader with BizTalk RFID which is connected to USB of my laptop using a serial to USB convertor, here my system assign a port no COM19, this was a big problem for me as my RFID Device Provider can only access up to COM5 ( it is in pre-beta) so i need to change COM port to less than COM5, when I tried to do that it shows me list of all 19 ports and mentioned in brackets as “in use”, so i need to free all these ports which are locked by system. I searched every where in device manager , control panel no interface is available to do this in windows, then i found a nice solution for this which allow you to free all ports but for this you need to edit registry,
here are the steps which you can use to free all post.
- Click start –> Run –> type regedit and click OK button.
- This will open a Registry editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetControlCOM Name Arbiter
- Now right panel , you can see a key ComDB right click to that key and click modify.
- In value Data section select all and delete reset to Zero ‘0’.
- click OK
- Close Registry editor and then restart your computer. all COM ports are now Free, you may need to reinstall any USB to serial convertor.
Note: It is always good to take back up before deleting any entry from Registry, to take back up for Com Name Arbiter, in left panel right click on COM Name Arbiter and say Export, save with some name and appropriate location.
Sur fond de rumeur d’offre d’emploi ou "coup Marketing" de l’Ă©diteur, voici qu’une des futures fonctionnalitĂ©s pour Windows Phone pointe son nez
Actuellement, mis Ă part la fonction de rĂ©initialisation du tĂ©lĂ©phone, il n’existe pas de possibilitĂ© de sauvegarder ses donnĂ©es.
La prochaine version de Windows Phone devrait la proposer.
Comment l’information est venue ?
Une offre d’emploi Microsoft US sur Redmond, WA, stipule la recherche d’un ingĂ©nieur logiciel qui devra travailler avec l’Ă©quipe en place pour "aider les utilisateurs Ă sauvegarder, faire migrer et restaurer leurs donnĂ©es en cas de perte, de dommage ou de changement de mobile."
La version actuelle de Windows Phone Ă©tant 7.5, verrons-nous cette nouvelle fonctionnalitĂ© en version intermĂ©diaire ou lors de la prochaine version 8.0 ?
Nous en saurons plus dans les semaines ou mois Ă venir…
From this web page you can join the meeting using your browser (Lync Web App), download the thick Lync 2010 Attendee client, or use your OCS 2007 Communicator (with reduced functionality) if it’s installed.
Lync Web App is supported on multiple Windows and Mac platforms (see Lync Web App Supported Platforms for details). It also requires the Microsoft Silverlight browser plug-in version 4.0 or better installed. Lync Web App will download various ActiveX components as needed to add functionality, such as screen sharing. Previously, Lync Web App used to be called the reach client.
The Lync 2010 Attendee client is a thick client (it must be downloaded and installed), so it requires rights to install software. The Lync 2010 Attendee is very similar to the Lync 2010 client, but it does not allow you to create buddy lists or create meetings. Both Lync Web App and Lync 2010 Attendee allow you to join as guests or with your corporate credentials.
As mentioned earlier, the Lync 2010 client will automatically launch if it is installed when you click the “Join Online Meeting” URL. However, you may find that you need to use Lync Web App instead. Maybe your want to demo the web join page, above, or you’re in an environment where the firewall blocks access using the Lync 2010 client. To do this, simply add ?sl= to the meeting URL. For example:
Viola! The Lync Client will not launch and you can choose to run Lync Web App.
- Datacentre Edition is no longer available as a MS SQL Server 2012 RC0 candidate, Read More
- MS SQL Server 2012 RC0 includes new edition â€“ SQL Server Business Intelligence, Read More
- Service Pack 1 is the minimum requirement for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 operating systems, Read more
- Data Quality Services can be installed using SQL Server 2012 RC0 Setup, Read more
- Product update is the new feature available with MS SQL Server 2012 RC0, this will integrate latest update with main product including MS Update, WSUS, local folder or UNC. This feature is an extension to Slipstream Functionality which was available in SQL Server 2008 PCU1. We can use command prompt or configuration file to override default values to find updates by specifying values for UpdateSource parameter, Read more
- We can now install MS SQL Server on Windows Server 2008 R2 Core SP1, not all features are supported though, Read more
- SQL Server Data Tools (formerly, BIDS) is now part of setup, with this we can carry out all database design work, and can build solutions for SSAS, SSRS and SSIS. Read more
- Now, Support for SQL Server multi-subnet clustering included, Read more
- Databases (systems and users) can now be on UNC path, we may need to make sure that proper NTFS and File Share permissions are assigned, Read more
- Local disk can be used for Tempdb in cluster, Read more
- Built-in Administrator and Local system account will not be part of sysadmin role
- Itanium editions are no longer supported
Pessoal, eu já havia falado sobre isso no Twitter, mas aproveitando esta época de festas e as muitas janelas que conseguimos para atualização de ambientes, eu sugiro a atualização do seu System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1 para o Cumulative Update 3. Esta atualização substitui o Cumulative Update 2, ou seja, se o seu ambiente ainda não estiver atualizado nem com o Update 2 pode ir direto pro Update 3, o único requisito é que o SCSM 2012 já esteja com o SP1. Os papéis que devem ser atualizados são: · Service Manager Management Server (SM Server) · Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server) · Service Manager Console Correções / Melhorias no Cumulative Update 3 · MP Import: When a data type is a decimal sometimes the decimal becomes an integer · Corruption of the Type ManagementEntity table when importing a type extension · Updates to properties are not brought forward to DW if updates to the instances happens in the same transaction or right before deleting the instance · AD Connector not bringing in new updates · When creating a new CR using the new CR form, clicking the Apply button sometimes creates a duplicate record · Console intermittently freezes when updating/creating incident and clicking apply · HealthService fails to stop at the end of SP1 DW patch if previous start action takes too long · When launching the SCSM console on client machines and server the Reporting Wunderbar doesn’t appear · High CPU in monitoringhost.exe when creating or updating an incident that triggers a notification workflow Download: KB2588492
Pessoal, eu já havia falado sobre isso no Twitter, mas aproveitando esta época de festas e as muitas janelas que conseguimos para atualização de ambientes, eu sugiro a atualização do seu System Center Service Manager 2010 SP1 para o Cumulative Update 3.
Esta atualização substitui o Cumulative Update 2, ou seja, se o seu ambiente ainda não estiver atualizado nem com o Update 2 pode ir direto pro Update 3, o único requisito é que o SCSM 2012 já esteja com o SP1. Os papéis que devem ser atualizados são:
· Service Manager Management Server (SM Server)
· Data Warehouse Management Server (DW Server)
· Service Manager Console
Correções / Melhorias no Cumulative Update 3
· MP Import: When a data type is a decimal sometimes the decimal becomes an integer
· Corruption of the Type ManagementEntity table when importing a type extension
· Updates to properties are not brought forward to DW if updates to the instances happens in the same transaction or right before deleting the instance
· AD Connector not bringing in new updates
· When creating a new CR using the new CR form, clicking the Apply button sometimes creates a duplicate record
· Console intermittently freezes when updating/creating incident and clicking apply
· HealthService fails to stop at the end of SP1 DW patch if previous start action takes too long
· When launching the SCSM console on client machines and server the Reporting Wunderbar doesn’t appear
· High CPU in monitoringhost.exe when creating or updating an incident that triggers a notification workflow
Obrigado pela leitura e até a próxima publicação,
Bonsoir Ă tous,
Vous utilisez une version de Windows 7 ou bien Windows Server 2008 R2.
Lâ€™affichage des vignettes dâ€™images au format TIFF sâ€™avĂ¨re lent dans lâ€™explorateur Windows.
Ce souci est donc rencontrĂ© dans ces conditions :
- Vous utilisez Windows 7 SP1 ou Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1,
- Vous utilisez lâ€™Explorateur Windows pour consulter un dossier contenant des images au format TIFF,
- Les images Ă ce format sont volumineuses ou sont stockĂ©es sur un partage rĂ©seau.
Un correctif est disponible auprĂ¨s de Microsoft. Il est destinĂ© Ă corriger uniquement le problĂ¨me dĂ©crit dans cette information.
Si votre machine nâ€™est pas affectĂ©e par ce problĂ¨me, ne lâ€™installez pas.
Contacter le support pour obtenir le correctifâ€¦
Pour appliquer ce correctif, vous devez exĂ©cuter Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) ou Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Pour plus d’informations sur comment obtenir le service pack 1 pour Windows 7 ou Windows Server 2008 R2, suivez ce lienâ€¦
© Windows Guides, 2011. Rich Robinson | Disable or Modify Keyboard Key Functions in Windows
© Windows Guides, 2011. Rich Robinson | Disable or Modify Keyboard Key Functions in Windows
I can’t remember when I got my first digital camera. It was certainly long enough ago that I’ve built up many gigabytes of photos of family, holidays, failed attempts at “arty” shots, and everything else. The trouble is, apart from the few that I use as desktop wallpapers, they hardly ever get looked at.
I’m one of those people who won’t let people go through all of the photos that I’ve taken on a trip. I want to sort the wheat from the chaff, take the best 10%, crop them, fix the colour balance and then let people see them. That effort makes for a nice slideshow, but it probably doesn’t get shown more than a couple of times.
I think that by far the nicest way to present a collection of photos is in a photo book. There are lots of places you can get one; in fact the options can be quite daunting. When I was looking to create a photo book of our family holicay in Orlando as a surprise Christmas present to the kids, I asked around a bunch of people, but nobody could really suggest any supplier in particular. In the end, I went for the winner of a recent Gadget Show “Top 5″ – albelli.co.uk.
Albelli offer a desktop client that comes with a number of pre-defined page layouts, but with the option to control them manually yourself and a handy feature which lets you drop any number of photos onto a page and press a button to have them arranged into a grid that fits the dimentions of the various pictures (you can click multiple times to have them rearranged). The client also handily tells you if a particular photo is too low a resolution to look good at the size you’ve set it to – I followed its advice to reduce the size of a couple of shots and they ended up looking great.
Once you’re happy with your book layout, the app deals with uploading the photos and then feeds you in to the options you have to enhance the book, like glossy paper or a “lay flat” binding. I ended up with a book that cost £40 (discount codes are sometimes available), but the opinion of everyone who has seen it has been that it is worth it.
A nice little bonus is that they include a free online version book that you can share or embed, like this (it uses Flash, sorry)…