The last day of TechEd Europe has started. It’s been great as usual. I was satisfied about my sessions, I’m satisfied about other sessions I’ve seen. However – what’s my value of TechEd?
- TechEd is inspiring: always when you are put together with a clever bunch of folks, it’s inspiring to talk about technologies, there possibilities as well as what’s lacking, and get a lot of good ideas.
- TechEd is networking: hard to keep up with all the people you know or you should know, but TechEd is one of the major places where you get so many people who work with the same technologies and share the same interests. Great place to keep in contact and meet new people – only bad thing that it’s to short [;)]
- TechEd is geeky: Couple years ago I was complaining that they didn’t have and real 400-Level Sessions at TechEd for IT-Professionals. Then I was able to deliver 400-Level sessions over the years (“A Directory Services Geek’s View on …”), mostly at TechEd EMEA but also at TechEd US. I’m glad to see that especially TechEd Europe is providing in-depth content to IT-Pros (this was actually one thing we’ve heard complains at TechEd US this year, however not at Europe! Hope this still improves). It’s fun to prepare those sessions, it’s fun delivering them, great to get the feedback and great to hear afterwards how happy the attendees are about not getting a marketing session.
- TechEd is broadening horizons: Especially when talking with attendees in the Technical Learning Center or after my sessions, or in the evening at parties, it’s broadening my horizons when they are asking questions, tell me about their scenarios and ideas. Even when working as consultant with many companies, I only get to meet a certain amount of customers. However at TechEd I’m meeting so many people every day, so many different scenarios, it’s just great to broaden my horizons and my knowledge!
- TechEd is knowledge: Breakout Sessions, Interactive Sessions, Technical Learning Center (Ask the Experts), Hands on Labs, … and about almost all Microsoft technologies – there is only one place where you can lean so much in different ways
- TechEd is community: MVPs, MCTs, CLIP, Microsoft employees, colleagues, friends, people who share the same interests, …
… there are lots of more points …
I’m doing multiple conferences a year, and TechEd is boosting knowledge in Microsoft technologies! I love it! To bad it’s the last day today, however I’m also looking forward going home and enjoying the weekend.