Finally, Rick LaPlante announced the availability of Team Foundation Server Beta 3 which works perfectly with Visual Studio 2005 RC 1 and SQL Server 2005 Septeber CTP and comes with a “Go-Live” license and product support. The best thing is there is a migration path to Beta 3 Refresh, which will be needed to be able to work with the final RTM-bits of Visual Studio 2005 and SQL Server 2005, as well as the final versio – scheduled for 1Q 2006 – so you don’t need to be afraid that your data will be lost during update.
To get started
- Download the TFS Beta 3 via MSDN Subscriber Downloads
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Installation Guide
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 3 Readme
- Visual Studio 2005 Team Foundation Server Beta 3 Known Issues
- Background Info: Why a Beta 3 so close to Visual Studio 2005 RTM? (by Rick LaPlante)