Since the first release, we have received lots of feedback and change requests. Most feedback indicated a desire for a more practical approach to branching compared to the first release which is more theoretical. With that in mind, we decided to reduce the conceptual part and focus on branching practices with Team Foundation Server.
What is in the package?
- TFS Branching Guide - Main 2.0
- This is the main article which briefly explains branching concepts and introduces 3 levels of the most common branching scenario
- TFS Branching Guide - Scenarios 2.0
- A collection of less common branching scenarios
- TFS Branching Guide - Q&A 2.0
- A set of most frequently asked questions with answers
- TFS Branching Guide - Drawings 2.0
- A set of branching drawings in different formats including a large branching poster
- TFS Branching Guide - Labs 2.0
- A couple of examples for hands on labs with step by step instruction for practicing the branching scenarios