There are three places where you might want to configure SMTP settings:
- On TFS itself via » TFS Admin Console » Email Alert Settings:
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) via » Reporting Services Configuration Manager: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345234.aspx
- SharePoint (SP) via » Central Admin » System Settings » Outgoing e-mail settings:
Here are some screenshots:
TFS Admin Console:
Reporting Services Configuration Manager:
SharePoint Central Administration:
As a MSDN subscriber, the product key for Team Foundation Server 2012 does appears under the “Visual Studio 2012” section of “My Product Keys”:
See also: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc668758(v=vs.110).aspx
It can be downloaded from the Microsoft Download Center:
- The “Installer” versions download necessary update files from the internet.
- (*) = Install the GDR updates if you want to use TFS 2012 or TF Service.
Q: Why is the backlog view missing in TFS 2012 Web Access?
A: In TFS 2012, web access permissions control what Web Access features are available to users. By default users get “Standard” permissions.
Here’s how to fix it: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/visualstudioalm/archive/2012/06/04/enabling-feedback-requests-the-backlog-and-sprint-planning-in-team-foundation-server-2012.aspx
Note: Make sure that all users with “Full” permission have either Visual Studio Premium, Ultimate or Test Professional (more info can be found here).
Answer: It’s not supported, and thus not recommended.
If you want to use SQL Server 2012 consider upgrading to TFS 2012, which fully supports it.