I’m a huge fan of OneNote and I use both versions. I came across this article that should help if you use OneNote, or are considering it. If not… Why NOT?
What’s the difference between OneNote and OneNote 2016
OneNote 2016 (as well as OneNote 2010 and 2013) comes with the Office suite and is available as a free download from www.onenote.com. However, you might have noticed another version of OneNote on your Windows 10 device that’s simply called “OneNote.” This new app, built from the ground-up, works great with any PC, tablet, or smartphone running Windows 10.
Read the full article
Watch this video as Brian Roper explains why you want to upgrade to Windows 10 NOW. And if you’re holding off, remember that it’s only free until July 29th.
Published on May 5, 2016
Windows 10 is the best version of Windows yet, and is now running on 300 million active devices. Watch Bryan Roper from the Windows team run through the 10 top reasons to upgrade to Windows 10 – before the free upgrade offer ends on July 29th.
I don’t know how long this has been up on Surface.com but I just found this Surface art page. There’s lots to like. Enjoy!
May 2016 updates
The following updates will be listed when you check for updates in Windows or view your Windows update history after installing the updates:
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) Control Logic
- Intel Corporation driver update for Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller
- Intel driver update for Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Front
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft Camera Rear
- Intel Corporation driver update for Microsoft IR Camera Front
When Surface updates are provided via the Windows Update service, they are delivered in stages to Surface customers. As a result, not every Surface will receive the update at the same time, but the update will be delivered to all devices. If you have not received the update then please manually check Windows Update later.
- Surface Camera drivers set (v30.10586.7035.1976, driver date 4/21/2016) improves Windows Hello stability.
- Intel(R) AVStream Camera 2500 driver update (v30.10586.7035.1976)
- Intel(R) Control Logic driver update (v30.10586.7035.1976)
- Intel(R) CSI2 Host Controller driver update (v30.10586.7035.1976)
- Intel(R) Imaging Signal Processor 2500 driver update (v30.10586.7035.1976)
- Microsoft Camera Front driver update (v30.10586.7035.1976)
- Microsoft Camera Rear driver update (v30.10586.7035.1976)
- Microsoft IR Camera Front driver update (v30.10586.7035.1976)
For other models see: Install Surface and Windows Updates
If you draw on your Surface you have to check this out. Warning: Some course language, but otherwise worth it.
This one looks like it will be worth a try: Sketchable
In case you haven’t found it, there’s a great way to keep up with updates and other developments in the Surface world. This is specifically for IT Pros.
Surface Blog for IT Pros
How can you remove your data from a Surface before you send it in for service? If the Surface is running.
Erase your data:
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen and tap Settings.
- Tap or click Change PC settings, tap or click Update and recovery, and then tap or click Recovery.
- Under Remove everything and reinstall Windows, tap or click Get started.
Microsoft has a good article: How to prepare your Surface for Service
What happens to the data on my Surface?
When you send your Surface to our service center, everything on your Surface is erased. Microsoft is not responsible for the loss of data during servicing.
If you still want to erase your data before shipping it, if the machine runs you can use the Surface Data Eraser
Microsoft is doing a voluntary replacement for power cords for the Surface Pro family of devices. It’s not the whole power supply; just AC power cord.
See if this applies to you and the rest of the details here: