Ten reasons Dr J wants to go to Amazon.
10. Tired of working at a desk, wants to work at a door on breeze blocks instead.
9. Commute to Downtown Seattle is better than commute to London, New Zealand, Japan, Barcelona, Amazon Basin, Tsurinam, Atlantis, etc.
8. Tired of dealing with all those damn MVPs and their incessant fawning.
7. Feels the need to do security, rather than just travel the world talking about it.
6. Techies don’t appreciate being labeled “marketing”.
4. After giving the same talk for the last three years, surely the industry has gotten the point by now, or is beyond help.
3. Wants to hack Amazon’s system to improve the sales of his books.
2. Microsoft is no place for a family man [but is Amazon really all that much better?]
1. Office closer to the water; water means scuba.
[Other friends of mine say “good luck” in their own ways:
Sandi “Spyware Sucks” Hardmeier
Susan “E-Bitz” Bradley
Joe “Joeware” Ware]
So, why do you think he left?