In this Article, I will explain how to move SUS content from one drive to other drive locally in simple steps.
1. Firstly, stop the following services from the Command Prompt;
Net Stop W3SVC [World Wide Web Publishing Service]
Net Stop WUSYNCSERVICE [Software Update Services Synchronization Service]
2. Copy Source Drive:\SUS\Content to Target Drive:\SUS\Content
3. Edit “C:\inetpub\wwwroot\autoupdate\dictionaries\settings.txt”
Change: CabPoolPath, SourceDrive:\SUS\content\cabs
To: CabPoolPath, TargetDrive:\SUS\content\cabs
4. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager snap in from Administrative Tools – From Default Web Site, Right click to the following 3 virtual folders and select properties, & Change the “Local Path” setting to the Target Drive.
5. Re-start the 2 services, which we stopped in the first step.
6. Open SUS console and synchronize the content to make sure it works.
This article is now available on
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555352 How To move Software Update Services (SUS) content from one drive to other drive locally
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555349 How To Migrate Software Update Services, SUS to another SUS Server