In continuation to my Post on WSUS OEP news group is not working!, I got a confirmation from WSUS Team as follows;
“They did a newsgroup migration to a new server and require all external users to do the following:
If you are using the betanews internal server MSBETANEWS; you have to delete and re-create your account on Outlook Express to use “betanews.microsoft.com”. External testers will also have to delete and re-create their accounts on Outlook Express. Use the following steps:
· Launch Outlook Express.
· From top navigation bar, select Tools, then Accounts.
· Select the Add button. Click News, and then follow the instructions in the Internet Connection Wizard.
· Enter your name and e-mail address when prompted and choose Next after each entry.
· On the Internet News Server Name Page, enter betanews.microsoft.com and check the box My news server requires me to log on. Click Next.
· For account name, enter either your BetaID (external users) or internal account name (product group team account). Do NOT use “\betanews” in front of account name.
· Enter your password, then click Next.
· Click Finish.
· Select Close and begin downloading your newsgroup(s)”
NOTE: Instead of the old user name “betanews\wusoepnews”, use “wusoepnews” (password is still “Update”).