Ok for all of you out there who take their music seriously; Zune 2 is out. Yes, and it comes in new sizes, colors, capacities and of course, prices.
Here are a few of the update details for Zune 2 (source: ZuneScene):
- Glass: The plastic screen has been replaced with actual glass. On a hardness scale of 1-10 where 10 is a diamond and 1 is an iPod, glass is 5.5. This is a major improvement over the Zune 30.
- Video Out: The new Zune 80 will have a video out resolution of 720×576 maximum. This is for TV output and easily beats the original Zune’s 320×240 output. The LCD itself is the same 320×240 however. Warning to Zune 4/8 shoppers, there is not video output to TV on those flash memory units.
- Smaller: Yes the Zune 2 is much smaller in size this generation. It actually weighs less than the latest 80gb iPod. This weight difference could be and advantage for Tour de France competitors and people who don’t like to weigh down the school backpack with hefty devices.
- WiFi: Would you like to be the first on the block to sync your player from the car in the driveway? Very 007-ish, Q would be proud.
- FM: Most players require an expensive ($49) add on accessory that sticks out the bottom of the player. Built in FM is just smart.
- Squircle: The Zune Pad offers both tactile d-pad type control and also touch sensitivity. Have your cake and eat it too.
I’m actually considering one!
It is amazing how big an effect jet lag has on ones body. Ever since my return from Seattle I’ve only come around to blogging, today!
Enough said. When I’m coding (and I’m doing a lot of that nowadays) I always have a problem with connection strings. I cannot seem to remember the darn things. A quick search on the Internet later and viola! www.connectionstrings.com. It is amazing how many database servers there are out there (and I thought I knew them all!); what in the world is Mimer SQL?
Anyway, the site also provides connection string information on how to connect to data files such as Excel and FileMaker. Plus other database structures such as Active Directory and Exchange. Cool!
On other news, I was chatting with brother (he’s in Jordan) and I mentioned the fact that a friend of mine bought a Zune and an Xbox from the States. And he asks me; what’s a Zune? Gasp!!! Whats a Zune!!! My own flesh and blood! Nooooooooooooooooooooo!
For all of you out there who don’t know what a Zune is, its the latest ubber hot gizmo from Microsoft that’s gonna kick iPods !censored!. Check it out online at www.zune.net
No, really, its got 30GB, comes in 3 colors, black, white and brown(?), has a 3 inch screen for video and pictures and wireless connectivity. Plus its the only one (thus far) that works well with Windows Vista (of course).
Oh yeah, it retails for around US$ 250.