So one of the clean up things you need to do post install is this:

EVENT #    25091
EVENT LOG    Application
EVENT TYPE    Warning
OPCODE    Info
SOURCE    Windows SharePoint Services 3 Search
CATEGORY    Gatherer
EVENT ID    2436
COMPUTERNAME      SERVER
DATE / TIME      11/20/2009 11:20:30 PM
MESSAGE    The start address <sts3s://domain.com:987/contentdbid={b523f4fb-4a4a-4f37-98d3-855fda2496d1}> cannot be crawled.
Context: Application ‘Search index file on the search server’, Catalog ‘Search’
Details:
Access is denied. Verify that either the Default Content Access Account has access to this repository, or add a crawl rule to crawl this repository. If the repository being crawled is a SharePoint repository, verify that the account you are using has “Full Read” permissions on the SharePoint Web Application being crawled. (0x80041205)

The Official SBS Blog : Event 2436 for SharePoint Services 3 Search:
http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/05/07/event-2436-for-sharepoint-services-3-search.aspx

You’ll see two fo these over and over and over again.

Resolution

To resolve this issue, it is recommended to manually register the URL in your system, or even disable the Loopback check feature. To register this URL, please use the following steps,

Note: We recommend that you use this method.

  1. Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
  2. In Registry Editor, locate and then click the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa\MSV1_0
  3. Right-click MSV1_0, point to New, and then click Multi-String Value.
  4. Type BackConnectionHostNames, and then press ENTER.
  5. Right-click BackConnectionHostNames, and then click Modify.
  6. In the Value data box, type the URL mentioned in the above warning event, and then click OK.
  7. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the IIS service.

You can figure out how to fix this a couple of ways… first by seeing this and googling, or merely by running the www.sbsbpa.com that now points specifically how to fix this issue.  As you can see, post install I’ve got some clean up to do.

Go through them one by one, expanding them and see what they tell you to do.

1.  It tells me that Exchange 2007 is missing SP2.  Who cares at this point in time.  I’m waiting for the sbs specific wrapper that will install this on the box.  I’m not following a KB, I’m holding out until that installer wrapper is released.

2.  It told me to set up the backconnectionshost name just as I did above.  This will get rid of the SharePoint error.

3.  It tells me I forgot to remove the Backup User account.  I have to go into Active Directory Users and Computers and delete it there.

4.  It tells me to get rid of add-on congestion control by typing in netsh int tcp set global congestion=none in an elevated command windows.

5.  It reminds me that the built in admin group is missing the logon as a batch job user right.  (I accidentally got the wrong group with the logon as a batch right)

6.  It is reminding me that IE Enhanced security is disabled (I did it as I was building this test box as I couldn’t get downloads from HP on there)

7.  It reminds me that the “Local activation permission to the IIS WAMREG Admin service is required  – fixed with KB920783

  1. Click Start, click Run, type dcomcnfg in the Open box, and then click OK.
  2. Expand Component Services, expand Computers, expand My Computer, and then click DCOM Config.
  3. Right-click IIS WAMREG admin Service, and then click Properties.
  4. Click the Security tab.
  5. Under Launch and Activation Permissions, click Edit.
  6. In the Launch Permission dialog box, click Add.
  7. In the Select Users, Computers, or Groups dialog box, type the domain user account that you specified as the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 service account, [it’s network service for sbs] click Check Names, and then click OK.
  8. In the Permissions for UserName list, click to select the Allow check box that is next to Local Activation, and then click OK two times

8.  I’m warned about Windows Auto tuning level — at an elevated command prompt type in netsh int tcp set global autotuning=disabled

9.  I’m warned about Receive side scaling — at an elevated command prompt type in netsh int tcp set global rss=disabled

10.  I forgot to remove the STS_WPG group…. and remove the STS_worker and the IUSR_Domainname, and IWAM_Domainname user accounts.  Do not touch the IIS_WPG, but you can find the Iuser and Iwam with an _domainame and delete those.

11.  I need to get rid of task offload — at an elevated command prompt type in netsh int ip set global taskoffload=disabled

12.  And I forgot the Vista WMI filter on the box.

All of these clean up stuff I found out by merely running the www.sbsbpa.com on the system.  It’s now specifically checking for post migration issues.  Cool huh!

 

Comments are closed.