So how’s your eOpen/VLSC/MVLS experience?

On December 23, 2009, in news, by

EDIT:  If you are still locked out of the site/having issues, can you post your info to the comment section of the blog referenced and linked to below regarding your issues, and what you need help with:

Microsoft SMB Community Blog : Latest update on Microsoft Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC):

———————-

So today is Tuesday and I’ve been locked out of the eOpen/VLSC/MVLS web site since Friday.

When you call  866-230-0560 , the recorded message tells you that due to heavy call volume to call back.  If you do hold (and to be fair so far I’ve not been able to hold for the 45 minutes to hour that seems to be the magical number) those that are calling appear to be getting some help.

Some people can get in, some can’t.  Some like Steve Wright http://www.bmsnet.co.uk/blog/?p=244 are saying that “and this time was told that the only way to add agreements was by telephoning the VLSC help line and they would add the agreements. When I questioned this they said it was for “security reasons”.”

So how’s the eOpen/MVLS/VSLC site working for you?   (or not?)

79 Responses to So how’s your eOpen/VLSC/MVLS experience?

1. Badly. The cherry on the cake of day #1 was not having the UK/Great Britain/England on the country list for the initial agreement and being told by support to just select the nearest.

From there its pretty much as bad as everyone else is finding it.

I know upgrades dont always go as planned, but considering how important eOpen is to large customers and partners alike there should’ve at least been a bit more information.

2. Working Hard says:

Hello,

“Manage Software Assurance Benefits” on new licensing site still does not work for me. It’s all a bit of a customer service & public relations nightmare I think.

Ever since the licensing site went down for over a week during the transition to the new site we can get to our benifits. We see the agreements allright but when selecting one to manage the benefits it always produces the same error without any details:

“We are unable to complete your request at this time. Please close the browser and try again.”

This has been tried on Vista, Windows 7, Windows 2008 R2 with both IE 8.0 and FireFox 3.5.5 on several locations and PC’s …

Since the grand majority of collaegues never buys SA or don’t mange it for their companies I can’t have any of them check for the same issue.

3. Andy Helsby says:

I can get in but lost all my licences when they first tried to go live. After twittering my responses I had a person tweet back to offer help. They said they’d add my licences but I’m still waiting for them all to show up. Some of them have appeared but the others are still “in the cloud” as it were….

4. Kurt R. says:

I can’t access anything either. Thankfully I had the foresight to print off all of our keys and we don’t need any extra MAK activations, but this is somewhere between 99.9 and 100% percent pathetic.

They’re down for weeks, then when it’s back up nothing works. I cannot believe they’re this incompetent. Wait, what am I saying? Of course I can. In fact, I expected it–thank god.

Yet another reason to use *nix when practical.

5. Nick says:

Still can’t add new agreements… on hold for 20+ minutes now, after sending a support request last week to Eopen (no response).

6. Nick says:

1+ hour hold time – spoke with a Volume Licensing rep. They confirmed that Eopen is still not functioning. They created a case number, and escalated my product ID and download request and instructed me to follow-up with an email to vlserva@microsoft.com regarding my case ID number.

I asked about an ETA on Eopen – they couldn’t provide one.

7. It sucks. have spent over 10 hours on hold over 4 days with no answer at all. Microsoft really screwed the pooch on this one. I think i am going to calldell and cancel this order and have it back charged against Microsoft at this point.

8. Hit the vlsc twitter as well. 24 hours then i cancel the order or initiate a charge-back through the credit card. This is why I use Linux servers whenever I can now.

9. Nick says:

Just checking back in… it’s been 48 hours since I spoke with Eopen rep, and sent my emails out with a case number to vlserva@microsoft.com – and so far, I have not received a phone call, or email.

10. Alexandra says:

December 30, 2009 and it is still not working. Multiple calls, case numbers, etc. Cannot log in with new email address that tech support said I was required to create. Old email address still has a pending request from 7 days ago. No way to get software or keys. Tech support told me “you have to understand that it was a really big upgrade.”

11. chris piper says:

Rubbish, absolute rubbish. cant register any new licences, cant get through to support, loosing the will to live. Happy New Year Microsoft. “Windows 7 was my idea” but who’s idea was the new eOpen site. they should be shot.

12. Add my name to the list of VLSC customers not able to log in as of today, January 4th. I haven’t called yet, but not looking forward to it either.

13. Brian Sokol says:

I have been locked out of MVLS since 12/18. It asks for my email address and then sends me an email to confirm my address. When I click on their link I get this error:
    Registration cannot be completed because no VLSC permissions are associated with business email.

I am told to contact my Licensing Administrator to request permissions. Problem is I am the Licensing Administrator. Called the support number and the wait time is over an hour.

14. Andrew Taylor says:

Absolutely terrible. The fantastic new website now has no facility to add a new open agreement. I’ve had to phone up and read out my authorization and licence numbers. They have apparently added it in for me, I have received the email and clicked the link, then received another email telling me that new permissions have now been added. However the open agreement does not show up with my other agreements, and consequently the product is not available for download in the list of products.
    The email said it will show up in 2 hours – it didn’t.
    One guy on the phone said it will take 4 hours.
    Another guy said 24 hours.
    Another guy said 48 hours.
    Wow they can ship me physical media for free! That will only take 3 to 5 days.
    I have been on the phone for well over 2 hours now and keep getting told “check back in 2 to 48 hours” as there are “known issues” with the website currently.
    I am trying now to get somebody to give me a direct link to download the product – I know the downloads (fullproduct.download.microsoft.com) section is working as I can download other products, I simply need the link to the specific product I need.

“please check back in 2 to 48 hours”. That’s great Microsoft.

15. David Smout says:

Well I can log in using my old hotmail passport and everything looks like it is there, BUT, I can not download any software. Just before Christmas bought Win 7 licences and unable to download it now. I’ve had offers of install discs but been burnt like that before with SQL 2008, the licence was for the eOpen version I had to download and not the version downloaded from the trial site. Identical software except for the licensing. Now I have to set up a new SQL server from scratch using the eOpen download I managed to get before they ‘upgraded’ the site.

As for the business email palava that isn’t working for me either.

16. KL says:

Not good. I have been locked out for weeks.
    Phone call was answered after 1 1/2 hours and were able to give me the MAK key I was looking for.

Still can’t get on the site, but luckily one of my staff can, and they gave him access to obtain the keys.

17. Blake says:

so after 3 hours on hold this call (this is the third time ive called), i am still on hold. they cant seem to process our agreements….. NEVER BUY OPEN BUSINESS. did i mention now that the open value agreements are a royal pain in the ass?

WAY TO GO MICROSOFT.

18. Spotty says:

Terrible, first time customer too. Purchased Open License mid-December, have not been able to access what I paid for.

All I’ve got for the purchase is a purchase order receipt.

Should not happen in a Microsoft, a massive company with supposedly genius software gurus. Pathetic.

19. Jack Pannell says:

It is obvious that Microsoft has no one running their company with any business skills at all. What a total abortion this new licensing site is. For any of you wanting SBS 2003 CALS and are trying to convert your SBS 2008 CALS into licensing for your 2003 customers to keep them legal, good luck. I have been trying for over 2 weeks to get this done for a customer. I have now been on hold for 50 minutes. God, I’m glad I’m a PC!

20. Jay says:

Been on hold for 2 hours and counting…… Purchased a new license a month ago, havent been able to get it…

21. Sal says:

Well I am on hold for over 2 Hours, because the site claims to have associated my business email with a WindowsLIVE acct that I should now use to log in. Problem is I never gave it any LIVE acct to associate with!!?!?

This is crazy.

22. Brad says:

Been on hold for over 3 hours and nothing. Love Customer Support

23. Tempest Lynn says:

****SOLUTION that may work for some if you have all your info****

*You need your license info and media for this to work, it goes around the site. Media can be requested and is currently being shipped free of charge or contact your reseller to see if they have media or a download site of their own (CDW !!!)

Ok forget about the support email that your directed to if your in the site and having problems… thats where support requests go to die. 3 weeks and never more than an automated answer that they received my support request.

The 866-230-0560 should only be used for Smooth Light Jazz enthusiasts because your going to get hours worth of that waiting on hold only to reach someone who cant help you or will cut you off trying to transfer you to someone who can, then you get to call back for…. wait for it …. wait for it… YES, more Smooth Light Jazz.

If you have you have your Agreement, Authorization number and License number HERE IS A SOLUTION:

Call 888 352 7140 for the Product key and Activation support. You will spend time on hold (not that much its taken me almost 3 weeks to find out about that number) but if you have the above info you will get help however they do not issue the keys directly on the phone. They issue a request into the automated system for the Key’s to be sent out via email within 24 hours. Cant have those pesky support people thinking for themselves and reading a key over the phone…

My luck seems to have turned for the better…so I figured why not get things set right while I have them on the phone.

I attempted to get the Product Key support team to put our License into the Volume License Service Center but they do not have access, but were happy to transfer me to what I was told would be a live person, and that live person had to transfer me again to a Volume License Specalist and once again I requested a Live person to speak with and he happily agreed and even gave me a number to call back if we got disconnected… two quick clicks and I had nothing more than a Busy Signal which hung up on me about 3 seconds later. I called the number that I was given and got a very familiar message stating that hold times were currently in excess of one hour, the number he gave me was the same one that the site gives out if you have a problem….that puts you on hold for hours on end (sigh)

Im trying the best I can but this whole situation and system is so flat out stupid I cant begin to describe it using polite words anymore and I cant seem to find a path to reach anyone with a direct solution even after all this time.

How hard can it be to allow the Product Key people to actually View the keys they are asking for??? But they cant, they just can enter a request based on our numbers and wait for the system to do it for them.

24. Russ says:

Susan let me get this straight,
    You want to empower employees to do be able to do thier job?
    I think you are asking too much 🙂

LOL 🙂

They probably aren’t allowed to view, because of “SECURITY” issues.
    However what good are they if they can’t help people???
    (As many of us have found out the hard way.)

Glad you found an answer.

(it’s like the issue I’ve had with a live ID password, they keep pointing fingers to some other department.)
    Russ

25. Curtis Martell says:

This has to be the biggest blunder since Vista. Today the problem is really strange. I can login and see the license keys with a the end-users LiveID so thats progress. But when I go to download Office 2007 Standard, the English language version is not available! What??

26. Jason Gauthier says:

My company just entered a very expensive Enterprise Agreement with MS on 12/18. Since then, I cannot activate any of the benefits.

I’ve been on hold with them (2 hours), talked to my VAR, talked my local MS rep…

All dead ends. I put in support ticket to the VLSC support address.

Way to start this agreement on a good note. Very frustrated that it’s been three weeks into this agreements and the benefits I am paying for cannot be used.

27. obe says:

after supplying the email and password it end up looping claim ..wait while retrieving profile information with no success

28. Tim says:

Cannot add new agreements so cannot download SQL – have just purchased this for a new customer – install date was supposed to be today luckily it was cancelled due to snow – what now?

29. Robbie says:

Have called multiple times no answer. 1st time – 45 min hold (gave up) 2nd time – 1hr 15min hold (gave up) 3rd time – 1hr 30 min and counting….no answer….this is ridiculous…Have emailed with no response. Was able to use old site with no problem…will not allow me to register my login with my business email, says they don’t match.

30. cmb says:

I can login, I can see my existing agreements, but Cannot add new agreements!!!

I do think the fit and finish of the new site is much better than eOpen, but if you Cannot add new agreements, what the hell is the point?

31. Jim says:

I cannot believe this. I need to have a business model like Microsoft’s; charge for a service then do not provide the goods and keep the money. I called in for a chance to resolve this two weeks ago. I was placed in the Que for over an hour then and spoke to a person who stated in broken english that we are having issues with the site. (my response was yes I realize that, hence the call you moron.) We paid Microsoft $137,000 for our year of licensing requirements and codes but yet Microsoft has fallen short and the administrator to the account cannot even get access.
    I think it is time for us all to cancel our oders we have with Microsoft and demand prompt payment back for services they cannot provide, and possibly switch to LINUX.
    I am so sick of this junk that Microsoft keeps pumping out and then in addition taking all the jobs for support overseas to a group that cannot even speak fluent English to only hear their canned response of “Yes…now we know that there is a problem and it will be fixed shortly..thank you for your concern but I cannot expedite that request..yes thank you..can you please try associating your account with the liveID account (which I have already done).. and the response of yes.. we are having difficulties can you please call back in 48 hours?
    Here is a novel idea. Why does Micorosoft not bring these jobs back to the states and employ people out of work who are hungry to do work and do a good job?

32. Mike says:

Crap. Can’t login or out. Same screen everytime!!

33. Todd Icsman says:

I’ve been working on projects that require licensing since before Christmas. I can finally enter licensing requests, but I have had one pending for more than a day. I still cannot get license keys and cannot change incorrect information in my own profile. Have been on hold now for 40 minutes trying one more time. Switching to Linux has it’s own ponderous baggage and is a clearly unappealling alternative. However, this is one of Microsoft’s least prolific moments. I’d love to know who dropped the ball on this one. My clients and I would like to bill him for lost time, postponed projects, and time spent on the phone.

34. Todd says:

35. Jeremy says:

Call 888 352 7140 for the Product key and Activation support.. If you have the above info you will get help however they do not issue the keys directly on the phone. They issue a request into the automated system for the Key’s to be sent out via email within 24 hours.

THIS WORKED FOR ME. Took less than 15 minutes to do 5 Agreements. Recieved emails with keys in less than a minute each.

36. Andy says:

Same as everybody else it seems!

Currently on hold … 1 hour and 10 minutes and continuing…yesterday was 1 hour and 30 minutes and all I got was a case ID and a “promise” that my issue was being escalated!

My agreement is due for renewal at the end of the month … really need to think about this one…maybe it is time to jump on the Linux bandwagon

37. Joshua Liberman says:

We reached them yesterday (1/7/10) after 2:10 on hold. They indicated that this new way of doing things is here to stay, as it was for our “protection” (like the paper cover on the toilet). They did allow me to voice an “official” complaint. Boy do I feel better!

38. gary says:

I am still having problems with the website. Has the problem been resolved?

39. Peter B says:

I have spent around 7 hours on the phone in the past 8 days, including waiting an astonishing 5 hours to get through last Wednesday.

My first call was ok; I got in pretty quickly, the rep knew what was up and explained it, told me that she’d fixed the problem and the fix should be hot within 48 hours.

Wednesday, the fix was not hot; I put MS on speaker and waited, I muted them and went to lunch, I came back, ate, and finally got through.

They are able to replicate my problem – most of my licenses are available, but the newest one, which I’ve paid for and want to deploy, is not – but cannot fix it. Getting a MAK won’t do; I need to be able to download the ISO as well as get a key.

I escalated Wed, spoke to a supervisor Friday, and do not understand why MS has not simply voided the original license and cut a new one for me.

I have made this suggestion, but the supervisor felt confident that the fix would move quickly.

It didn’t; it’s past insane.

40. gary says:

I think we need to escalate this to the top management in microsoft. It is really painful and frustrating.
    I think we need to be asking for compensation.

41. Rob Nicholson says:

Absolutely *hate* the VLSC website. Just don’t understand how it’s supposed to work and getting that knowledge is very difficult. Not helped by it running like treacle, getting random bits missing or weird error messages.

And quite how my Live account is connected with the VSLC account is a mystery. We’ve changed our email addresses recently so I edited it in Live. But VSLC shows a completely incorrect email address.

Cheers, Rob.

42. Knighthawk says:

What an utter disaster?
    No roll back plan?
    MS you look like a bunch of rank amateurs now to some of your most important clients.

43. Dave says:

Cannot add licenses, no idea who our administrator is to approve requests, been waiting for over a month for Win2k8R2; totaled about 6 hours on the phone with support.

Absolute nightmare.

44. Kyle says:

I used Tempest Lynn’s suggestion above and got my key in an email in roughly 5 minutes. I got right through to a live person, gave them my info, and got the key in about 15 minutes total, from calling in to receiving the message.

However, I asked how I was supposed to down load the software. They gave me to VLK software fulfillment line at 800-248-0655 but their business hours are like 9-4 pacific, so it didn’t do me a whole lot of good. Guess I’ll have to torrent it.

45. Frustrated says:

I think we should escalate this to Steve Ballmer or even Wall Street to tell him how great Microsoft is.

46. Laura says:

I can login and finally have my email registered, but none of my Open License or Volume License Agreements show up.

I’d contact the agreement administrator, but I am the agreement administrator.

Gave up after a morning on hold.
    No reply to my emails.
    Partner vendor and Sales Rep tried to help but couldn’t.

Waiting for me refund now.

47. J.P. says:

I quit….. This is insane.

I don’t know about all of you, but I’m getting sick of being held hostage because Microsoft has a VLSC brain fart.

I’d like to tell ol Stevie boy sitting up there on his golden toilet that Microsoft can’t make any money for a few weeks because I can’t get any support help to get numbers for his own products.
    Let’s see how far that pig flies.

FIX IT or DUMP IT…
    BUT JUST DO IT RIGHT and LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE.

INSANE……STUPID……

48. Fred Levay says:

Although I’m administrator of my agreements, I’m not able to access the SA Benefits section.
    I keep getting this error message :

All other sections are working fine : product keys, product downloads, …

Called Microsoft support to sort this out. Their answer : you have to request permission to the administrator !

I’m the administrator !

Is someone encountering the same issue ?

49. Dan Anderson says:

Same issues as others. I can access my old agreements, but not the newest one. I called MVLS tech support for the third time, and they are going to email product keys since they are unable to fix the system at this time “due to high call volumes”.

50. Jamie says:

WTF!!! I don’t usually complain and I know upgrades don’t always go according to plan but really……this is a joke – I swear any money we ever make off microsoft we lose again by this crap from a reseller point of view.

51. Jamie says:

52. Jamie says:

WTF!!! I don’t usually complain and I know upgraxes don’t always go according to plan but really……this is a joke – I swear any money we ever make off microsoft we lose again by this crap from a reseller point of view.

53. Eric Ligman says:

Thank you for your feedback and patience as we work through the VLSC update issues. Here are some items that may be helpful:
    – If you cannot see your agreements on VLSC, you can add them: http://bit.ly/8kTmpa
    – The “Administrator” listed on VLSC as the one you are requesting access from is the primary contact you listed on the Open Agreement for your customer when you placed the order with your Distributor. They are the one that receives the permission request when you submit access requests.
    – Not registered for VLSC? Register online: http://bit.ly/6BJCVi
    – VLSC resource page on the Microsoft Partner Network portal: http://bit.ly/6wpqzL
    – Have an issue with VLSC you want to submit to me? http://bit.ly/4EiLF6

Thank you for your efforts and hard work with us through this supporting your clients. We really do appreciate it and apologize for the difficulties.

Eric Ligman – Global Partner Experience Lead, Microsoft Corporation

54. cmb says:

RE: Eris Ligman

I hate to break it to you, but your linked instructions on how to add new agreements does NOT work, as many of us have tried this! I have an Open License, I am the Admin, and I even went through the ridiculous process of requesting permission from MYSELF, and I still get an error every time. NEW agreements cannot be added! Other than calling in, which I will eventually do, do you have any other suggestions on how to get new agreements added, which actually work?

55. Spotty says:

Update to my Jan 5 comment

The Good:
    I somehow got an email for MSDN access last week, so now I can at least access the actual products (VSPro + MSDNPro Open License). It’s a decent win.

The Bad:
    1. VLSC still thinks “The business email address provided during registration is not affiliated with an Open License…..”; so no VLSC access.

2. MSDN thinks my address is in Austria; it’s actually Australia.

3. DVD media fulfillment: UPS tracking number in email yesterday, 3 weeks after requesting it…. but wait for it…. the package was sent to Austria. When in Austria, UPS discovered the address problem and has now redirected it here to Australia. Thanks UPS!

4. Related to 3. if I could get access to VLSC I might be able to correct the Austria/Australia problem. What I don’t get, is how that little error crept in; my purchase order confirmation from Microsoft does state my address as in Australia. Seems like a bit of manual data entry doesn’t it?

Yes, I’ve been on the phone with VLSC support, today aswell. Good times, good times.

56. Charles says:

You have entered incorrect information and have been locked out of registration as a security measure. Please contact support.

57. Ian Chin says:

We’ve been unable to login for about 9 weeks now… locked out. They can’t seem to clear our account.

We’ve called, numerous times only to be met with hours of wait times and no resolution when we do get through. Our VAR (CDW) isn’t of any help either, passing the buck over to MSFT.

So instead of downloading the media, we had to pay Microsoft to ship it… they wouldn’t ship it for free.

Worst licensing experience ever…

58. Darren Wiebe says:

Yeah, it’s pretty bad. We’re a VAR with numerous clients locked out as well as ourselves. One if them is a government agency under a state level licensing program. I had a guy on the phone yesterday who was actually a little bit helpful but most of them are useless to put it nicely.

I’ll maybe try submitting a request through Erics site but it’s hard to know if it’s worth it. I’ve had enough tickets opened and escalated but I never hear back from them except for requests for the exact information I just sent. It’s obvious they don’t read the emails we submit.

Maybe there will be a gain here though, I’m not a real lover of Microsoft products and stupid, stupid screwups like this show how “professional” and “world class” Microsoft is. It makes it easier to recommend alternatives such as Linux. Thanks MS!

59. Irate says:

Yeah, fully agree. We had better to start moving alterenatives else one day our business may go because of MS. Things are getting worst. Looks like we are at their mercy. Really ridiculous, having to pay for the media when it is their system that screw up and we have to have the media.

60. Darryl says:

I had been unable to log in since the “seamless upgrade”. I sent an email to the MVLS team with no response, waited an hour to get through twice only to get cut off.

After trying the MS suggestions of “create a new live ID and try signing in with that” and “go to profile.microsoft.com and enter your email address” resolutions, the site locked me out.
    My case was ‘escalated’ weeks ago with no response.

I spoke to one person who had problems spelling his own name to me in english. let alone helping me!

Last week i spoke to someone else who confirmed that i had been locked out, and the issue would be resolved in 48 hours. 7 days later I call up to finally be sent a link to unlock my account and get to my benefits.

Weirdly, our old account on a different email address has now been merged with my OVS account (Thanks MS, I kept them seperate for a reason!)

Half the site now reverts back to the old layout, exactly like it was before the ‘upgrade’.

61. phil says:

AND the email that MS got, told me that when I try to create a live id…

The portion of your e-mail address that follows the @ symbol is part of a “reserved domain” such as live.com, hotmail.com, msn.com or passport.com. Please type a different e-mail address.

SO, Im losing a LOT of time and end up triing to torrent my media kit… M$ should support the torrent community, piratebay is more online than VLSC… (I joke, but bleh, I paid almost 100k$ in license too, thats just plain stupid)

62. Jerard says:

Microsoft must be thinking that the customers are damn stupid to still buy license despite the pain in getting the software. Anyway, they are still making profit from the licensing. Why should they care what the hell the customers are complaining.

63. Jordan says:

I’m able to log into the eOpen site no problem. I can even see my licenses and downloads. However, there is no place for me to enter my new license agreement. I suspected something was wrong when I received an automated email from Microsoft Volume Licensing Services [msvlop@microsoft.com] that was literally just a bunch of letters and numbers rammed together, not the usual eOpen email I’ve received in the past. I’ve talked to my CDW rep and he’s been unable to get this resolved either.

64. Steve says:

Why did you change from the old site? I’m having nothing but problems. Why should I call Microsoft with this problem, when the old site worked fine. Only you guys could do something like this.

Same as all the rest: I’d contact the agreement administrator, but I am the agreement administrator.

65. bradley says:

This isn’t a Microsoft site by the way, I’m a software customer impacted by this change just like you. I didn’t change the site, Microsoft did.

You have to contact Microsoft’s support number. I was in the same boat. I WAS the agreement administrator and couldn’t get in.

66. MRS says:

Glad there are others out there, I kind of felt like I was the only one (as MS support led me to believe). It’s been 7 weeks since I’ve first contacted MVLS support; the past 4 years of agreements are totally gone. I’m unable to add any new agreements. I’m the admin and there is only one live ID tied to our account. The last rep asked me to send screenshots and then I was supposed to contacted by a senior support member within 24 hours. It’s been 5 days since that call and e-mail.

Talk about brutal…please roll back this useless upgrade (not that the other site was any better, but at least it worked and was accurate)!!!

67. Eric Ligman says:

If you are still having issues and wish to submit them for me to look at, please submit the information requested on my Blog post at: http://bit.ly/4EiLF6

Eric Ligman

68. Chris says:

Its an abortion. Try to view a product key and you get errors. Navigation is a disaster. The information displayed is nonsensical.

It is the Vista of license management.

Nice work Microsoft.

69. Fred says:

I am getting siick and frustrated too. The support is just a bad as the tool.

70. Justin says:

How soon before a class action lawsuit beings how Microsoft has our money and we have no product going on 40+ days now??

71. Dan Allen says:

It does seem insane that such an important and previously useful tool has now become useless. Very disappointed in this very poor Microsoft product.

All we want to do is add an agreement then install the software for the customer. It used to be a simple process of adding the agreement license and authorization the printing the license key followed by product installation.

I don’t hold out much hope with ‘customer support’ but we shall try on Monday.

72. John Paul says:

Finally someone to complain and compare notes on the MVLS site.

I find the new site very very poorly written. I find it amazing that changes to the site take 2-4 hours to make. (changing security on a user account as an example)

The UI in certain areas needs a lot of work. It’s confusing when you have to add an agreement to a user account…..

Ahhhh…. Just so frustrated by the whole experience. Considering the amount of money my company spends on Microsoft software I would think they would spend a bit more time going over the site from a usability perspective. They are Microsoft ?? Should we not expect MORE from them in this regard? Its been more than a couple of days and we have been dealing with a User Lockout issue….looking at this site it appears this issue has plagued the site since it’s launch and still no fix…. wow….. were did they get the software development team from that built this site?? I don’t even hazard a guess…..

I guess someone should post the MVLS site to the FAILBLOG.org site….

73. J Rochon says:

The account for anyone who ever worked for our company in IT and were authorised to access MVLS, has been reinstated – even if they are no longer with the company. And it would seem that the great majority of them are provisioned with Administrator level access ! I tried to correct this but the web site will not allow me.

A definite failure in good governance – where are the change controls ?

74. J Rochon says:

A definite failure in good governance – where are the change controls ?

75. greg says:

Damn system.

76. Very Disappointed says:

Put back the old system. Waste the whole morning and still getting nowhere.

77. Frustrated says:

Yes, we should all give a bad feedback and insist that the old system be put back. At the mean time we should escalate on the problem.

78. wes says:

this is the WORST site experience ever. the old site was bad, but at least usable (when it wasn’t down for maintenance every other evening). the newly redesigned site is awful – can’t find anything – can’t register client’s agreements the way I used to – can’t change my email address. RIDICULOUS!!!!