I use a product called policy patrol that adds custom disclaimers to Exchange.  And I needed to edit the disclaimer message.  No prob, just launch the console.  But here was the weird thing it was working fine but I couldn’t adjust the disclaimer templates.  Weird, they were working last week when I set them up.  So I emailed support at Red Earth Software and they emailed me back.  Today.  Christmas Eve.  Wow.  Talk about customer support.

So when we ran the repair install I think something got a bit mangled.. as suddenly I got this message:

The Microsoft Exchange Mail Submission Service is currently unable to contact any Hub Transport servers in the local Active Directory site. The servers may be too busy to accept new connections at this time.

Uh.  Okay.  On a SBS box unless we have backpressure going on, that’s a bit impossible for the Mail submission service to not find a hub transport since it’s on the SAME server.

It was obvious from other error messages that the Policy patrol and the transport service was fighting and causing issues as in the system log I saw this:

Application popup: EdgeTransport.exe – Fatal Application Exit : EXITING APPLICATION

A little uninstall and reinstall and Exchange is happy and Policy Patrol is happy.

 

Comments are closed.