This is exciting times indeed – first we had theannouncement that NuGet, WebMatrix and ASP.Net MVC 3 was being released this week – but now we also had the news come out that Project Orchard hit version 1.
Orchard is community driven project, aimed at creating reusable components for the ASP.Net platform and there’s some stars involved with this project for sure so here’s a shout-out to all of those who’s put their backs into this project:
- Michael Bach– Program Manager
- Bertrand Le Roy – Program Manager
- Bradley Millington – Engineering Lead
- Renaud Paquay – Development Lead
- Erik Porter – Developer
- Dave Reed – Developer
- Sebastian Ros – Developer
- Jonathan Wall – UX Designer
- Suha Can – Developer
- Louis DeJardin – Developer
- Nathan Heskew – Developer
(if i missed any, then i apologise profusely in advance – feel free to ping me name, role and URL to anybody left out and I’ll update the list).
Orchard is also appearing in the Microsoft Web Application Gallery (http://www.microsoft.com/web/gallery) and can be installed via the Web Platform Installer (http://www.microsoft.com/web/platform/default.aspx).