You can sign in to Windows 11 with aÂ local accountÂ or aÂ Microsoft account. However, you can easily switch between using a local account or a Microsoft account to sign in to Windows 11.
Signing in to Windows 11 with a Microsoft account lets you:
- Download apps from the Microsoft Store.
- Get your online content in Microsoft apps automatically.
- Sync settings online to make PCs look and feel the same – like your browser history, account picture, and color.
Signing in to Windows 11 with a local account means:
- You have to create a user name and account for each PC you use.
- While not recommended, you can remove the account password if you like.
- You’ll need to sign in to the Microsoft Store with a Microsoft account to download apps from the Microsoft Store.
- Your settings won’t be synced across the PCs that you use.
This tutorial will show you how to switch to a local account from a Microsoft account to sign in to Windows 11 with instead.