In Windows 11, you canÂ add languagesÂ to install with optional language features and preferences such as:
- Language packÂ = Contains the latest Windows translations. Installing the language pack adds the language to your list of Windows display languages.
- Windows Display LanguageÂ = Windows features like Settings and File Explorer will appear in this language. Requires language pack to be installed.
- Text-to-speechÂ = Narrates what’s on your screen.
- Speech recognitionÂ = Enables you to talk instead of type and requires text-to-speech to be installed.
- HandwritingÂ = Recognizes when you write on your device.
- KeyboardÂ = The default keyboard for the language will be enabled.
- Basic typingÂ = Provides the available spellcheckers and dictionaries.
- Optical character recognitionÂ = Extracts text from images so you can interact with it.
This tutorial will show you how to completely remove a language and all of its optional language features for your account in Windows 11.