Error C00D11BB or Unsupported Protocol has not had a single solution presented here. Below is a list of steps taken by others with the problem that worked in their case.
- Most of the time you will receive this when you are trying to stream a file over a protocol used by another program. Examples of this would be a stream in RealMedia.
- Download and reinstall Windows Media Player. Don’t try and uninstall it first.
- Navigate to Tools | Options | Files Types in WMP. Highlight the extension that you are having problems streaming, make sure it’s checked and press Ok.
- If your system has RealPlayer or RealOne installed try the steps below.
- Open RealPlayer, go to Tools, Preferences, File Types tab. Look under File Types. Uncheck everything except RealAudio and RealVideo files.
- Uncheck the box to make RealPlayer the default player.
- Open Internet Explorer and go to Tools | Internet Options | Programs and check Internet Explorer should check to see whether it is the default browser.
- 3) Reinstall Windows Media Player. Select all supported file types when asked.
- 4) Restart your PC and then try and access the stream.
- Check HTTP and Uncheck Multicast, UDP, TCP under Tools | Options | Network
- Select all Streaming Protocols that you just disabled from above.