Fellow Digital Media MVP Marc Liron has written a nice and simple application to display what audio and video codec’s you have installed on your machine and even to detect if they are broken!
High points for the project included…
- Determine the codecs installed on a Windows XP computer
- Check to see if any of the codec’s were “BROKEN” (will be highlighted in RED….)
- Export the data to a text file for technical support!
- Was FAST to run on a PC and did NOT require installing…
- SMALL enough for download by modem!
SHERLOCK – The Codec Detective Download