- Windows Media Player 10 and Media Center Edition, added seamless playback of ATSC and DVB transport streams in both SD and HD formats.
- Improved the smoothness of HD MPEG-2 material for Windows Media Player 10.
- Windows Media Encoder 9 – added support for UVYV output formats
- Set Smart de-interlacing control setting as the new default.
- Implemented a method for catching bad edits (gapping time stamps) from 3-2 film, and soften them in Smart mode. This helps eliminate the combing effect in some scenes of the “Making of the Big Lebowski.”
- Implemented support for inverse 2-2 mode.
- Numerous compatibility fixes, click here to view the Release Notes
- Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows XP Professional, or Windows XP Home Edition
- DirectX 9.0 or higher
- Windows Media Center or Windows Media Player 9.0 or higher for DVD Playback
- DirectShow compatible software for MPEG-2 file playback
- A DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) compatible graphics processor, such as GeForce 7800 GTX.
- DVD-ROM drive required for DVD viewing
- TV Tuner is required for TV viewing under Windows Media Center and must meet the Designed for Windows XP Media Center Edition logo requirements