2006 Update Rollup for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 (KB914548) | Install
KB914548 to get the latest updates for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005.
This update supersedes all updates since Update Rollup 2 (KB900325) for
Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. For more information about this
update, read Microsoft
Knowledge Base Article 914548.
File Name: WindowsXPMediaCenter2005-KB914548-ENU.exe
Knowledge Base (KB) Articles: KB914548
Date Published: 4/25/2006
Download Size: 3.4
To install this update rollup, you must be running Windows
XP Media Center Edition 2005. You must install the update that is described in
the following article in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base: 900325 Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
This is a cumulative update rollup. The update rollup
replaces the following updates:
Update Rollup 908250 is available for computers that are running Update Rollup
2 for Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- 912067 January
2006 Update Rollup for Windows XP Media
Center Edition 2005
HTML programs do not support non-English keyboard characters on a computer that
is running the Korean version of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
Besides the fixes that are contained in the updates that are
listed in this section, this update resolves the following issues:
- Incorrect guide data for ATSC minor channels that you have
- After you manually add Advanced Television Systems Committee
(ATSC) minor channels and install Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center
Edition, the minor channels may not have unique guide data associated with
- ATSC channels move into a five-digit channel range
- When you configure a satellite service provider and an
over-the-air ATSC, the ATSC channels may move into a five-digit channel range.
Because of this problem, you cannot type a channel number by using the Media Center
remote control or keyboard.
- Delay when you change DVB-T channels
- There may be a long delay when you switch between audio-only
and TV DVB-T channels.
- Teletext bar remains on the screen after you use transport
- The Teletext bar does not disappear after you use the
transport controls when you are recording a program that has Teletext
- Teletext blinks frequently
- Closed captions do not display correctly
- Some closed captioning may not display correctly.
Center computer is not
suspended after you use the TV tuner
- After you install Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media
Center Edition, the Media Center Edition computer is not suspended if the tuner
has been used.
- DVB-T scanning does not work correctly in the Czech edition
of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- You receive a “Unsupported File Type” error
message when you burn a DVD video
- When you try to burn a DVD video by using the Cyberlink
PowerDVD MPEG2 decoder, you may receive a “Unsupported File Type”
error message. This problem occurs after you install Update Rollup 2 for
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. This update adds an additional AC3
decoder to the list of supported decoders.
- Tuning information is missing for the 1 MUX on 186 megahertz
(MHz) setting in the Italian version of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- The Italian version of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
may be missing tuning information for the 1 MUX on 186 MHz setting. This update
also adds the appropriate DVB-T table for Italian versions of Windows XP Media
Center Edition 2005.
var dc_UnitID = 14;
var dc_PublisherID = 11967;
var dc_AdLinkColor = ‘6699cc’;