If you have a recent model laptop with a fingerprint reader, you can setup Windows Hello to log in to Windows using your fingerprint.
To do this, you’ll first need to set up a PIN to logon.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to Settings, Accounts, Sign-in options. If you have a supported device, you’ll see the Windows Hello option. As you can see, you will need to first setup a PIN before the Setup button is activated.
2. To setup a PIN, you will need to login to Windows 10 with a Microsoft Account and add your PIN to your MSA profile. Enter your password in the field provided and then select Sign In.
3. Next, you need to set up a PIN and confirm it. Then select OK
4. Next, select Set up under Windows Hello
5. Select Get started.
6. Run your finger over the fingerprint scanner until the setup app reports completed. You can now optional add more/different fingers.
7. When you restart, you will be able to select Sign in Options and then sign in using your fingerprint.