Microsoft Security Bulletin Advance Notification
Updated: May 4, 2006
Microsoft plan to release the following updates on May 9:
- One Microsoft Security Bulletin affecting Microsoft Exchange. The highest Maximum Severity rating for this is Critical. These updates may require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer. Note that this update will include the functionality change discussed in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 912918. Administrators are urged to review this Knowledge Base article prior to release and take steps appropriate for their environment.
- Two Microsoft Security Bulletins affecting Microsoft Windows. The highest Maximum Severity rating for these is Critical. These updates may require a restart. These updates will be detectable using the Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer and the Enterprise Scanning Tool
Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
- Microsoft will release an updated version of the Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool on Windows Update, Microsoft Update, Windows Server Update Services and the Download Center. Note that this tool will NOT be distributed using Software Update Services (SUS).
Non-security High Priority updates on MU, WU, WSUS and SUS
- Microsoft will not release any NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates for Windows on Windows Update (WU) and Software Update Services (SUS).
- Microsoft will release two NON-SECURITY High-Priority Updates on Microsoft Update (MU) and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
Register for the May Security Bulletin Webcast:
Microsoft will host a webcast on May 10 (the day after releasing the scheduled security bulletin) the security bulletins. The webcast focuses on addressing your questions and concerns about the security bulletins. Therefore, most of the live webcast is aimed at giving you the opportunity to ask questions and get answers from their security experts.
Start Time: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 11:00 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
End Time: Wednesday, May 10, 2006 12:00 PM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada)
Presenter: Christopher Budd, CISA, CISM, CISSP, ISSMP Security Program Manager, PSS Security, Microsoft Corporation