Many people questions when they can have Windows 7 RTM in which Windows 7 Team blogs today:
- For Partners & OEMs and Developers via Microsoft Connect or MSDN: August 6, 2009
- For IT Professionals via Technet: August 6th
- For Business Customers via Volume License Service Center: August 7, 2009
- For Consumers via retail stores or when buying new PC: Oct. 22, 2009
- For Beta Testers & Enthusiasts: Beta testers will not automatically receive a free copy of Windows 7. Many beta testers are already subscribers to TechNet; those of you who fit that description will be able to download Windows 7 RTM shortly after RTM happens for free as part of your subscription. However, if you don’t have TechNet and are waiting for GA (to either purchase Windows 7 or wait for your pre-order to arrive) you can continue to use the RC. In fact, you can continue to use it until it expires on June 1st, 2010 (expiration actually starts March 1, 2010, this is when the reboots start).