Glen wrote this fantastic piece of code that I’ve been planning to write about for ages! This PowerShell script, Exchange 2007 Content Agent Log Message Tracker Gui, allows you to easily find any message that went through the Content Filtering Agent.
Although it’s possible to manage the antispam agent logs using plain PowerShell, as Bharat explains so well in his post Exchange Server 2007: Managing And Filtering Anti-Spam Agent Logs, for those of you who don’t like the command line, the script from Glen Scales can really be a life safer.
Here’s how the GUI looks like (click image to enlarge):
From Glen’s own words:
- There are textboxes to allows you to search based on the from and/or To address.
- There is a drop down list to allow you to select a SCL level to look at so you can choose to filter by only messages that have been assigned a specific SCL value.
- The Extra sections has the aggregate options. Currently it has four aggregate option it can aggregate:
- By SCL this shows you by SCL Value how many messages where received between the dates specified
- By Receiver will show you grouped by receiver how many messages have been received for each SCL value
- By Sender will show you grouped by Sender(P1) how many messages have been received for each SCL value
- By Date will show you by Date how many messages have been received for each SCL value.
If you download the script and save it at “%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts\”, you can create a shortcut to run it, using this command:
%windir%\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\powershell.exe -PSConsoleFile “C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\bin\exshell.psc1” -command “. ‘C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\Scripts\cagentTracker.ps1′”
If you are eager to get more reports from the Agent logs, out of the box Exchange has some good PowerShell scripts that can help you achieve the results you want. Again, Bharat has done a wonderful job explaining them: Keeping tabs on Antispam filters: A few handy scripts in Exchange Server 2007.
|Share it! :|