Microsoft recently released an updated version of the Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server Management Pack for System Center Operations Manager 2007.
The Management Pack for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server monitors the availability, security, configuration and performance of an FPE deployment.
The Management Pack for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE) allows you to discover FPE installations and components and to monitor them within System Center Operations Manager 2007 and 2007 R2. When there is an issue that may impact the availability, configuration, or security of your FPE deployment, Operations Manager uses the management pack to detect the issue, alert you to its existence, and facilitate diagnosis and corrective actions.
- Support for Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange Server (FPE)
- Discovery and monitoring of key FPE services
- Monitoring of product license status
- Monitoring of the availability and configuration of scan jobs
- Monitoring of scan engine and definition updates
- Diagnostic and recovery tasks related to engine updates and service recycling
- Performance views of message scanning rate across scan jobs
- Discovery and monitoring of FPE running with an Exchange CCR cluster
- 11/9/2009 – Original release of the English version, version 11.0.325.00.
- 6/18/2010 – Updated version and localized releases, version 11.1.301.0.