Ross Smith IV announced at the Microsoft Exchange Team Blog that the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator has been updated to version 18.9.
According to the Updates Tracking page, here’s the list of changes:
Version 18.9 Updates
- Fixed the Storage worksheet’s "RAID Storage Configuration" Table to exclude showing "Total Number of Disks Required" for designs that do not have lagged database copies and are deploying in a JBOD configuration.
- Added a notification to Role Requirements regarding scenarios that result in >2TB databases.
- Fixed an error notification to indicate when the input parameters have resulted in a design that has more HA copies than available Mailbox servers.
- Fixed the DAG LUN total space calculation to be based on the total number of database copies, not the total number of mailbox servers.
- Fixed the database copy validation formula to ensure there is at least 1 HA copy or lagged database copy in the secondary datacenter when site resilience is enabled.
- Fixed servers.csv to not add a space between the comma and drive letter.
- Fixed cells to have the correct color formatting.
- Updated BDM throughput requirements to stipulate 7.5MB/s per database as the worst case, which aligns with what can potentially be seen in Jetstress runs.
To get the detailed instructions on how to use it, read Exchange 2010 Mailbox Server Role Requirements Calculator.
To download the tool itself, click here.