Updates to the ATL/STL Unicode Encoding Conversion Code

I’ve updated my code on GitHub for converting between UTF-8, using STL std::string, and UTF-16, using ATL CStringW.

Now, on errors, the code throws instances of a custom exception class that is derived from std::runtime_error, and is capable of containing more information than a simple CAtlException.

Moreover, I’ve added a couple of overloads for converting from source string views (specified using an STL-style [start, finish)¬†pointer range). This makes it possible to efficiently convert only portions of longer strings, without creating ad hoc CString or std::string instances to store those partial views.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *