A common error when installing the CRM outlook client for CRM online is the error which informs you that their is a pending restart regardless of whether this is true or not.
To fix this issue you need to add a registry key to ignore the check.
Here is my recommended method for fixing this problem. I chose this method because it is common to need to do this on several computers and this method can be easily run on several computers.
- Use a .reg file to add the key:
- Open notepad
- Copy the following text in to notepad
- From the file menu choose ‘save as’
- Set the
- ‘Save as type’ to all files
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
- Enter a file name you like such as ‘MSCRMClientIgnoreChecks.reg’
- make sure the file ends in the registry file suffix .reg
- Choose a location you can remember.
- Click save
- Go to the location where you saved the file
- Double click the file.
- You will be prompted by a message similar to the following:
- Click yes
- You will receive a popup box such as this:
- Click ‘Ok’
- Retry the installation.