‘Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information’ when using EntityDataSource

I recent start a new project in VS2010. My Vs2010 version is v4.0.30319 RTMRel. I created a ASP.NET AJAX Web Project. I am using ADO.NET EntityDataSource and bind the data from SQL 2008 into a gridview on a page. I then found out I keep getting this error when viewing the page in browser (my browser is IE7, v7.0.5730.11IS),

 If I compile and browse the page in 10 times, I get at least 7 times of this error. GOD. OK, I then do a google search. And found the following useful link,

I am not going to list all useful link here. But I can tell, LOTS of developer are facing the same happening. And the following are some suggestions that people reported it works but some also reported it does not work at all.

  1. some report that changing the .NET Trust level to High could fix it
  2. Rebuild the edmx model
  3. Change from debug mode to release mode in the project configuration
  4. Change from website project to web application project
  5. never use one EntityDataSource to more than one control
  6. turn off indexing on the project folder
  7. Install ADO.NET Data Service v1.5 CTP2 (WHAT? I cannot install CTP into server..)

But I can tell, they are all not working for me after I follow them all. So, WHAT IS HAPPENING? What is Microsoft ADO team doing? Any solution? I really want to know too cause I am facing this problem as well. Hm….OK, I am in Data Access Insider mail list, I will fire up this question to the mail list and hope someone from Data Access Team in Microsoft could tell me the answer and I will come back to you once I got the answer from them.



2 Replies to “‘Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information’ when using EntityDataSource”

  1. the problem only occure when you bind the entitydatasource with some control in the design mode. it will not happen if you bind it in code behind.
    firstly, i never get this kind of error in my previous project, so after i got this kind of problem, i try to compare it to my old app.
    all the config and setting are the same. but i realize the problem occured after i install some additional feature for my telerik (i’m using telerik framework)
    after some research, finally i found that some reference have brought up the problem. after than i try to remove several unused reference such as wpf and silverlight.
    after i remove those reference my app work smoothly.
    hope this help

  2. I agree, when I just found the problem. I also google and found out that many developers in the world reported binding the entity by code will solve the problem. At that time, I was new to Entity Framework and now actually, the new web page i created are all using code behind to bind data. But the old pages are still binding from UI.

Leave a Reply to kenlin Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.