On 14th July, 2021, VS2022 Preview 2 is released.
There are some highlighted new features.
- New Font that is easier to read, Cascadia Code
- New refreshed Icons, that are clearer and easier to distinguish.
- Preview 1 was available only in English. Preview 2 now is fully localized. The supported language packs: English, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Czech, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, and Turkish.
- Now VS2002 will be the best place to build cross-platform apps. With Preview 2, we’ve extended our cross-platform capabilities, adding new CMake integration and seamless targeting for WSL2—with no need for manual configuration.
- Next Wave of cross platform apps with .NET MAUI and Blazor are ready in Preview 2.
- New Live Preview experiences for both XAML and web apps. You will be able to make those iterative changes to your application in the editor. And you could see the difference in real time. No more recompile-and-run when you just want to nudge something by a pixel or two! This is also provided in Preview 2 already.
- Hot Reload. It is including support for C++ apps. When you are able to edit C++ or .NET projects even the application is still running. You can also apple code changes without pausing your application. An “Apply code changes” button in the toolbar is added, by clicking it you can “reload” you updated code into the running application without stop and re-run with the latest code.
There are many more other new features are available in Preview 2. You may visit this page, Summary of What’s New in this Release of Visual Studio 2022 version 17.0 Preview 2 to view the full list and more details.