Issue: when you try to use OWA to connect to the SBS 2003 Server from the Internet, you will experience very poor performance.
Note: these instructionsw ere provided by Frank Chen [MSFT]:
If the issue occurs with premium option selected when you connect to the OWA externally, let us disable “Enable Forms Based Authentication for Outlook Web Access” option, please follow these steps:
1. Click “Start”, point to “Programs”, point to “Microsoft Exchange”, and then click “System Manager”.
2. Expand “Servers”, expand “<ServerName>”, expand “Protocols”, and then expand “HTTP”.
3. Right-click “Exchange Virtual Server”, and then click “Properties”.
4. Click the “Settings” tab.
5. Click to clear the “Enable Forms Based Authentication for Outlook Web Access” check box.
6. Click “OK”.
7. Restart the following services:
– Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service
– IIS Admin Service
If the issue still remains, please follow these steps:
At the SBS 2003 server:
1. Clear the IIS server files follow these steps:
a. Go to the %windows%\IIS Temporary Compressed Files directory
b. Select all of the content in this directory and delete it.
2. Go to a command prompt, type “iisreset”.
At the external client:
1. Please open IE and click Tools -> Internet Options
2. Select Delete Files and click OK to confirm that you want to delete the
Frank Chen, MCSE
Microsoft Partner Support Professional