Q: We are using a public calendar to reserve our conference room. We would like to be able to create an appointment
within our own calendar – invite the mail enabled calendar as a resource – and know that when we invite the calendar – it is not busy.
I have been able to accomplish all but one thing – showing the user if the conference room resource is busy when scheduling. The only thing it shows is “no information available”. How do I do that?
A: To set up a resource so that it can be scheduled requires using an Exchange mail account: This procedure works only if you are the resource administrator or you’ve been given owner permissions.
- On the Tools menu, click Options, and then click Calendar Options.
- Click Resource Scheduling.
- Click the options you want.
- Click Set Permissions
- Click the Permissions tab, and then click Add.
- In the Type name or select from list box, enter the name of each person you want to grant permissions to, clicking Add after each name.
- Click OK.
- In the Permission Level list, click Author.