Geneva Framework has received a name change and now is called WIF – Windows Identity Foundation, since is the technology that will work with all types of Identity in the Microsoft world.
“It provides developers pre-built .NET security logic for building claims-aware applications, enhancing either ASP.NET or WCF applications. Windows Identity Foundation makes it easeir to build richer, more secure applications (cloud and on-premise) without being a security and identity expert. It will boost developer productivity, as a result, and enhance app security through a standard approach to federation, strong authentication and identity delegation.”
I’ve made a simple wrap-up of the several interesting articles about WIF, and they are:
- Listen about WIF on .NET Rocks
- Download the RC of the WIF here.
- Learn more about the Id Element.
- Cool sample using WIF on FabrikamShipping application
- Download the WIF RC Training Kit here
- See Claims-Driven Modifier Control
- “Simple ASP.NET server control which allows you to use identity for driving the behavior of your frontend UX, without requiring you to see even a single line of code”
Have good reading and tests with WIF