Haven’t posted in a while and don’t have a lot of time today so I’ll just throw up a copy of the string extension methods I’ve been using over the years. Summary of the provided functions (note that not all of them have been fully tested).
- Combine – Basically acts like String.Join but handles cases where the delimiters are already part of the string.
- Is… – Equivalent to Char.Is… but applies to an entire string.
- Left/Right – Gets the leftmost/rightmost N characters in a string.
- LeftOf/RightOf – Gets the portion of a string to the left/right of a character or string.
- Mid – Gets a portion of a string.
- IndexOfNone/LastIndexOfNone – Finds the index of the first character NOT IN a list of tokens.
- ReplaceAll – Replaces all occurrences of a token with another token.
- ToCamel/ToPascal – Camel or Pascal cases a string.
- ToMultipleWords – Pretty prints a string such as taking SomeValue and converting it to “Some Value”.