Community

WCSF geekSpeak: Registration Open

There was a problem with the registration for this webcast, but it's now solved.

Unit Test Patterns for .NET (from TypeMock™)

There is a good set of articles about Unit Test Patterns in the TypeMock™ site:

• Unit-Test Patterns for .NET - Part I
    This article looks at patterns in unit testing and describes the main patterns found in tested .NET code. It also describes the problems with each pattern.
  • Unit Test Patterns for .NET - Part II - TypeMocks
    Programmers who have incorporated unit testing into their development process already know its advantages: cleaner code, courage to refactor, and higher speed. But even the most die-hard unit testers can falter when faced with testing a class that relies on system state for its behavior. This article looks at the TypeMock pattern that can help you solve these problems.
  • Unit-Test Patterns for .NET - Part III - Natural TypeMocks™
    In this series, unit-test patterns and the advantages that it brings have been discussed. Although there is great power in using TypeMocks, there are times when the reflective API can falter when refactoring code. This article will look at how to test the interaction between classes using Natural Type Mocks to solve these problems.

WCSF geekSpeak: What do you want to see?

Just let me know to see if I can accommodate it on my geekSpeak.

I’m on geekSpeak

Or I'll be, on January 23rd.

Here is the complete list of web casts for December 2007 and January 2008:

Visual Studio 2008 and .NET FX 3.5 to RTM before the end of November 2007

Today, S.Somasegar announced at TechEd Developers EMEA, amongst other things, that they the product team at Microsoft is putting the finishing touches on Visual Studio 2008 and .NET FX 3.5. They are on track to shipping these products before the end of November 2007. They will have the marketing launch for these along with Windows Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 at the end of February.

SPOME – SharePoint Object Model Extension no CodePlex

Safira (a Portuguese company) has been involved in a big SharePoint project and developed a tool (SPOME) that they are sharing as a CodePlex project, Check it out.

Bug Found On The Page Flow Without Database Improvement

Joern found a nasty bug in my code. I've uploaded the updated source code in all articles.

Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 Virtual PC (VPC) images to expire on November 1st

Most of us have been testing the Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 VPC images.

Microsoft has announced that the current Visual Studio 2008 Beta 2 VPC images will expire on November 1, 2007, rather than March 15, 2008 as originally announced.

It is strongly encouraged that you take all necessary steps before November 1, 2007 to back up all your projects and move your Team Foundation Server data to an alternate location. For instructions on moving your TFS data please refer to the article Moving Team Foundation Server,

For the latest information and up to date information on this please refer to the Visual Studio Developer Center.

A short Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) is listed below:

Q. Will my data be available after November 1, 2007?

A. This is still being researched, however, currently the understanding is that customers will NOT be able to access their date after November 1st unless the data is moved to an alternate installation location.

Q. Can I reset my system date to re-enable the OS image?

A. Again there is still research being done, however, from the current understanding of the problem resetting the system date back DOES NOT re-enable the OS image.

If I have any further information to share will be sure to let you know.

Improving The Page Flow Application Block: Decoupling Page Flow Usage From Its Implementation

In this second article of the series I'll show how you can change the Page Flow Application Block of the Web Client Software Factory to get page flows by its definition name instead of its definition type.

Are Page Modules Still Useful In IIS7?

With IIS7 a new transfer method is available in the HttpServerUtility class. It's the TransferRequest method.

What this method is intended to do is behave like the HttpResponse.Redirect method without the penalty of traveling to the client and back.

I said "is intended to behave" because it still doesn't, like Luís Abreu found out in his first attempt to use this new method. Fortunately, Thomas Marquardt already knows about it and said they will fix it.

This problem that Luís ran into reminds us that there is still too much going on when you call TransferRequest that won't be if a Page Module is used. So, I guess they are still useful.